- LL.B., Singapore Management University (2014), Max Lewis Scholarship
- Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2015)
- Certificate for Bioethics: The Law, Medicine, and Ethics of Reproductive Technologies and Genetics, HarvardX (2020)
Grace has an active practice in litigation and arbitration with a particular focus on complex, high-value, and cross-border disputes. She is experienced in employment matters, shareholder’s disputes, joint venture disputes, tortious matters, white-collar criminal matters, complex contractual disputes, fraud investigations, and arbitration-related court proceedings. She is experienced in handling matters involving foreign law issues.
She advises prominent ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, companies listed on the Singapore stock exchange and multinational corporations.
Grace regularly argues contentious matters as lead counsel and has appeared in all levels of the Singapore Courts, including the General Division of the High Court, the Singapore International Commercial Court and Court of Appeal.
Apart from litigation matters, Grace has an active arbitration practice. The matters she has handled involve damages of significant value or span multiple jurisdictions.
Grace graduated from the Singapore Management University (SMU) as a Max Lewis Scholar. During her time at SMU, she was Champion of the Attorney-General Chamber’s Law Reform Essay Competition a total of three times. This competition challenged participants to review and reform the existing law in specified areas.
Grace also participated in various mooting competitions as an oralist. She was Champion of the Rodyk Moot Challenge 2014. She also represented SMU as an oralist in the Monroe E Price Moot Court Competition 2014 held at Oxford University, where her team emerged quarterfinalists in an international field.
Grace actively volunteers with the Law Society of Singapore. She is Co-Chairperson of the Young Lawyers Committee, where she advocates for young lawyers and trainees and seeks to address the practice-related issues they face.
She was also a founding member of the Women In Practice Committee which focuses on matters concerning women lawyers.
Grace is an active volunteer with the Law Society Pro Bono Services Office Criminal Legal Aid Scheme and is on the Supreme Court’s Register of Assigned Counsel Legal Assistance Scheme for Capital Offences. She speaks English and Mandarin fluently and frequently advises clients based in the People’s Republic of China.
Some of the matters that Grace has acted in include:
- Representing a Chinese billionaire in High Court claims against two doctors for misrepresentation and breaches of contract. Succeeded in obtaining an order from the Singapore High Court for the complete reversal of a contract worth S$30.7 million.
- Representing the part-owner of one of Vietnam’s largest coffee empires in a suit before the Singapore High Court involving conspiracy, contractual breaches, and tortious claims. Dealt with various complex issues of foreign law, both at the High Court and Court of Appeal levels.
- Represented a well-known doctor in, among others, an application to stay court proceedings in favour of arbitration. This case involved the novel issue of whether repudiation of a mediation sub-clause in a mediation-arbitration clause invalidated the entire arbitration clause.
Joint venture / shareholder disputes
- Representing a Singaporean businessman in an investment dispute over “The Bridge”, an iconic 45-story twin tower development in Cambodia comprising 762 residential units, 963 SoHo units, and 5 levels of mixed-retail spaces.
- Represented a Singapore property developer in a dispute over a failed joint venture to construct the largest indoor ski slope in China. Acted successfully in the Singapore International Commercial Court and in the Court of Appeal.
asialaw Leading Lawyers 2023 edition
“Professional with high ethics for the client’s best interest.”
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Co-Chairperson, Young Lawyers Committee, Law Society of Singapore
- Committee Member, Women In Practice, Law Society of Singapore
- Committee Member, Chairpersons Court Practice Committee, Law Society of Singapore
- Publications Consultative Panel Member of Infocomm Media Development Authority
- Junior Assisting Counsel, Register of Assigned Counsel Legal Assistance Scheme for Capital Offences, Supreme Court
- Volunteer, Criminal Legal Aid Scheme, Law Society Pro Bono Services
- Report on Gender Diversity: Levelling the Playing Field, Law Society of Singapore (2020)
- The Granting of Certificates of Substantive Assistance under the Misuse of Drugs Act, Singapore Journal of Legal Studies (2016)
- A Guide to General Elections in Singapore (2015)
- Administering the Discretionary Death Penalty in Murder, Singapore Law Watch (2015)
- The Singapore Constitution: A Brief Introduction (2014)