- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (2009)
- Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2010)
Jared’s main areas of practice are in corporate and commercial litigation and international arbitration, with a focus on complex contractual disputes, corporate and shareholder disputes, and employment law. He has appeared at all levels of the Singapore Courts and has had successful conduct of trials as lead counsel. His arbitration practice includes acting in an investor-state arbitration commenced under the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), numerous SIAC arbitrations, as well as in applications in the Singapore Courts in support of arbitrations. He has also advised clients in relation to regulatory and internal investigations and on corporate governance issues.
Jared was appointed as amicus curiae to assist the High Court in a matter relating to the Protection of Harassment Act, where the High Court noted its “gratitude for his valuable assistance” ( SGHC 315; the matter was subsequently heard on appeal in  SGCA 6).
Some of the matters Jared has acted in are:
- Acting for the plaintiff in a minority oppression suit, and obtaining a novel order where the defendant was ordered to buy out the plaintiff’s shares at the value of an external related company.
- Acting as lead counsel in a High Court trial for the local subsidiary of a U.S.-listed semiconductor and electronics company in a claim by an ex-director/employee for alleged wrongful termination. The matter is reported in  SGHC 151.
Acting for the State in an ICSID investor-state arbitration (ICSID Case No. ARB/13/33) as well as in the parallel proceedings before the Singapore High Court, in a claim which involves assets in excess of USD 1.5 billion.
Acting for a family office in a dispute involving the management of private equity funds and a hotel development on behalf of a high net-worth family, where the value of the assets under management was in excess of USD 127 million. The matter is reported in  SGHC 173 and on was heard on appeal in  SGCA 45.
Acting for a Singaporean conglomerate with significant property and hospitality assets in the region in an SIAC arbitration commenced by a former executive for alleged wrongful termination, as well as in multiple High Court actions commenced by the former executive in an attempt to set aside the arbitral award.
- Assessor, Panel of Assessors for COVID-19 Temporary Relief, Ministry of Law
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore