- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (2014)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar in September 2015
Jaswin is a Singapore qualified lawyer whose practice involves all aspects of Intellectual Property (IP) work.
Jaswin’s clients range from the layman to multinational companies alike, from a broad range of industries, including telecommunications, entertainment, sports, media, technology, engineering, chemical, trading houses, food and beverages, fashion, business management, fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), cosmetics, education, medical and pharmaceuticals.
On contentious matters, Jaswin’s legal experience include trade mark and copyright infringement proceedings, and trade mark opposition, invalidation, and revocation proceedings. She has handled criminal raids of counterfeit goods, including subsequently obtaining a fiat from the Attorney-General’s Chambers to prosecute criminally for copyright and trade mark infringement.
Jaswin regularly advises clients on global brand strategy, trade mark clearance, prosecution, and active portfolio management, as well as corporate IP matters, such as drafting and review of various agreements including licenses, assignments, franchises, collaboration agreements, non-disclosure agreements and online website and privacy terms and conditions.
Jaswin is proficient in English and Malay.
Here is a sampling of matters in court that Jaswin was involved in.
- adidas International Marketing BV v Lutong Enterprise Corp (HC/TA 15/2018)
Successfully represented adidas in an appeal to the High Court against the opposition decision of the Trade Marks Registry. In this publicised case, not only was adidas successful in blocking the other party’s trade mark application on the basis that it was similar to adidas’, the High Court recognised that addias’ mark was a well-known trade mark in Singapore.
- The Scotch Whisky Association v Isetan Mitsukoshi Ltd  SGHC 200
Represented Isetan in the Trade Marks Registry and High Court in the first reported decision involving geographical indications in Singapore.
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. v Intercontinental Exchange Holdings, Inc.  SGIPOS 20
Represented Fortune 500 company Intercontinental Exchange Holdings in the Trade Marks Registry, earning a commendation by the learned Adjudicator for “articulate and determined advocacy”.
- Calvin Klein, Inc and another v HS International Pte Ltd and others  SGHC 214
Successfully represented Calvin Klein in the High Court in a trade mark infringement suit involving the liability of e-commerce buying agents.
- Obtained a fiat from the Attorney-General’s Chambers to prosecute criminally for copyright infringement on behalf of a leading souvenir company, successfully obtaining conviction after a full trial.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law