- LL.B (Hons) University of Southampton (2012)
- Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2014)
Kelly practices corporate and commercial litigation and arbitration.
She handles a wide range of disputes relating to commercial contracts, director/shareholder fights, infrastructure projects, private equity investments, trusts, and enforcement of arbitral awards. She has acted for prominent clients at all levels of the Singapore Courts as well as in domestic and international arbitrations.
In addition, Kelly advises on regulatory issues. She has handled matters involving the Competition & Consumer Commission of Singapore and the Commercial Affairs Department, including investigations conducted by these authorities. She also regularly conducts internal investigations as well as externally driven compliance reviews for clients.
Kelly has advised and acted for high net worth individuals as well as private and listed companies in the telecommunications, financial services, oil and gas, rail, hospitality and leisure, and manufacturing sectors
Some of the matters in which Kelly has acted include the following:
- Largest trust case in Singapore involving disputed assets estimated to be worth US$600 –US$800 million Successfully acted for members of the De La Sala family in the largest trust case heard in Singapore, involving disputed assets estimated to be worth between US$600 to US$800 million.
- S$50 million private equity investment dispute
Successfully represented a leading private equity firm in a complex investment dispute. The amount in dispute exceeded $50 million. The dispute involved an international arbitration under the SIAC Rules, a parallel Singapore High Court action and enforcement proceedings.
- US$600 million investment dispute over the creation of a coal-based power plant
Acting for foreign entities in a high-value international arbitration concerning a dispute over the creation of a coal-based power generation plant. The value of parties’ claims is estimated to be in excess of US$600 million.
- Billion dollar injunction proceedings involving oil rigs
Acted for directors and shareholders of an oil-drilling company in injunction proceedings concerning the control of entities owning rigs worth in excess of a billion dollars.
- Multi-million dollar dispute over defects in a luxury property
Obtained a favourable Court of Appeal decision for a high net-worth individual in a high-profile multi-million dollar dispute over defects in a luxury property.
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore