- LLB (Hons) (Wales)
- LLM (UNSW)
- Barrister-at-Law, Middle Temple
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
Lorraine has 20 years of experience in dispute resolution, mainly in the areas of defamation and corporate disputes. For the past 10 years, she has been involved in mixed use development projects, trusts and joint ventures.
- We act as counsel for Malaysian Resources Corporation Berhad in their development project located at an area currently known as Kwasa Land, involving a shareholders’ agreement with a subsidiary of the Employees Provident Fund, aproject delivery partner management contract, management contracts for infrastructure as well as various engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning (EPCC) contracts. This project is still ongoing.
- We act as Malaysian counsel for Mitsui Fudosan Co Ltd and Mitsui Fudosan (Asia) Pte. Ltd. (together with Mori Hamada & Matsumoto, a Japanese legal firm) in relation to their joint venture with Bukit Bintang City Development Berhad for a proposed development of an integrated retail mall and entertainment centre at the old Pudu Jail property, to be known as the “Bukit Bintang City Centre”. This involved a joint venture agreement, a development agreement, a management and operational services agreement as well as lease agreements in relation to the property. This project is still ongoing.
- We acted as Malaysian counsel to Marlborough College Overseas Limited and M East Sdn. Bhd. in negotiations with Iskandar Investment Berhad for the development of Marlborough College Malaysia, a British public school, in the Iskandar Malaysia region. This project is still ongoing.
- We acted as counsel for the Employees Provident Fund Board in negotiations with Taliworks Corporation Berhads for a joint venture by way of a disposal of 50% interest in Taliworks’ subsidiary Pinggiran Muhibbah Sdn. Bhd., to a wholly owned subsidiary of the EPF. The subsidiary has a majority stake in the New North Klang Straits Bypass Expressway.
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (2014) - “Recommended Lawyer” in Corporate/M&A
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Getting The Deal Through – Restructuring and Insolvency (ed 2009) – Co-Author of Malaysian section together with Datin Grace Yeoh
- Advisory Editor - Defamation Handbook (ed 2003) published by the Malayan Law Journal