- LL.B (Hons, 1st Class), University of Malaya
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- Advocate & Solicitor, Law Society of British Columbia, Canada (currently non-practising)
Millie consults with high net worth and ultra high net worth individuals and business families, particularly those in Asia, in the area of global estate planning, involving inter-generational wealth transfer, asset protection, capital preservation, business governance and succession. In the terminology of holistic planning, wealth is defined to also include intangible “assets” such as the family identity, vision, values, and traditions. In addition to planning for protection and preservation of assets, Millie works with families to establish strategies and processes to promote family governance, and maintain family unity, identity and integrity. For this purpose, Millie travels regularly in Asia and works in synergy with an extensive contact base of bankers and offshore service providers for trusts, foundations and corporations.
Millie speaks regularly at private briefings and seminars, both abroad and locally, for bankers, prospective clients and other interested groups, on holistic global estate planning and business succession. She is also engaged to conduct training and master classes in this area.
Millie currently sits on the board of QL Resources Berhad as a non-executive independent director. Millie is also the Senior Consultant of Borden Lander Gervais LLP, a national law firm in Canada, and she is the founder of Legacy 127 Consulting Inc.
Millie is fluent in English, Mandarin and Malay, and conversant in Cantonese and Hakka, as well as (minimally) Hokkien.
In British Columbia, Canada
- Advised on holistic global estate planning for families in Asia.
- Advised on tax planning for immigrants to Canada, and related matters.
- Advised on estate planning in British Columbia.
- Advised clients in stock exchange listing, initial public offering and on issues of corporate governance and compliance, including the listing of, amongst others, the following:
- MBM Resources Bhd.
- Jaya Jusco Stores Bhd (now known as AEON Co. (M) Bhd.)
- Teck Guan Perdana Bhd.
- Wong Engineering Corporation Bhd.
- LNG Resources Bhd. (now known as YBS International Bhd.)
- Advised financial institutions on banking and loan transactions, and debt restructuring.
- Undertook selective corporate litigation and acted as counsel in exercises such as scheme of arrangement and reconstruction, capital reduction, share buy-back.
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Non-practicing member, Law Society of British Columbia, Canada
- Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Author, “Building Legacy on a Foundation – Part II,” LIBFC InsightPlus, March 6, 2018.
- Author, “Building Legacy on a Foundation – Part I,” LIBFC InsightPlus, October 2017.
- Author, “Holistic Global Estate Planning – A Balanced Equation,” LIBFC Q-Report, 2nd Edition, 2013.
- Co-Author, “A Closer Look at Malaysia,” Business in Vancouver, Asia-Pacific, May 21-27, 2013.