- LL.B (Hons), King’s College (London)
- LL.M (First Class Hons), University of Cambridge
- Barrister-at-Law, Inner Temple
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
Nad graduated from King’s College London in 1994. He then went on to study for the LLM Masters of Law Degree at Jesus College Cambridge and graduated with a first class degree in 1995. He was admitted to the Inner Temple in 1996. Nad joined Shearn Delamore & Co as a pupil in 1996 and called to the High Court of Malaya in 1997. He was made a partner of the firm in 2004.
Nad’s areas of practice include corporate and commercial litigation and arbitration, banking and insolvency, professional negligence litigation and defamation. He also advises and acts in respect of administrative law and judicial review and also in the field of telecommunications litigation. Nad frequently appears in both the High Court and the Appellate courts as counsel or co-counsel. He has acted in a number of local and international arbitration cases. His international arbitration expertise includes appearing in arbitrations in the United Kingdom, Hong Kong and Singapore.
His experience includes the following:
- Acting for a major public listed companies in actions for breach of fiduciary duty against former directors, including in one of the first statutory derivate actions in Malaysia.
- Acting as co-counsel in the first Special Court Proceeding involving a Ruler.
- Advising major local and international publications as regards defamation and media law issues.
- Acting in professional negligence actions involving major accounting firms.
- Advising major telecommunications service providers on telecommunications legislation and administrative law issues.
- Advising and acting in relation to local and arbitration matters in relating to shareholder and share purchase disputes, partnership disputes, hotel management, telecommunications and other shareholder disputes.
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (2019) - “Recommended Lawyer” in Dispute Resolution
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member, ASEAN Law Association of Malaysia
- Accredited Advocacy Trainer who conducts training sessions for the Malaysian Bar
- The Malaysian Court Practice on Trade Marks and Copyright
- Halsbury’s Laws of Malaysia on Copyright
- The Lexis Nexis Malayan Law Journal Handbook of Malaysian Copyright Law (2005)