- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (2013)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar in August (2014)
Lee Jane is a Singapore qualified dispute resolution lawyer whose practice centers around commercial and contractual disputes in sectors including building and construction, banking and finance, and casino gaming.
Lee Jane has a very active construction law practice involving disputes and front-end advisory work for both private and public sector projects. She regularly acts for major international and domestic players in the construction sector at all levels of the Singapore Courts, in arbitration proceedings under the Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre, and in adjudication under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (Cap. 30B).
She also frequently advises her clients on construction-related issues such as risk allocation, claims, delay, quantum, compliance, tender and procurement, and settlement.
Lee Jane has significant experience in banking and finance and casino gaming, having acted for an ultra-high net worth individual in a technically complex claim against a financial institution in the Singapore Courts, as well as for the former proprietors of a casino in an international arbitration against a company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and its related companies.
She is proficient in both English and Chinese.
Lee Jane has acted in a wide range of matters, including:
Building & Construction
- Acting for various players in the construction sector in adjudication proceedings commenced under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (Cap. 30B). Since 2014, Lee Jane has acted in more than 70 adjudications applications and adjudication review applications in relation to construction and supply contracts spanning a broad spectrum of trades, and with a total claim value in excess of S$200 million.
- Acting for a local contractor in a highly contentious domestic arbitration against an international main contractor in relation to an airport project in Singapore, with claims and counterclaims in the arbitration exceeding the sum of S$123 million.
- Acting for an international main contractor in a domestic arbitration against a local contractor in relation to a school development in Singapore, with claims and counterclaims in the arbitration exceeding the sum of S$25 million.
Banking & Finance
- Acting for an ultra-high-net-worth individual in his claim against Deutsche Bank AG for more than US$250 million in a Singapore High Court Trial, and before the Singapore Court of Appeal.
- Acting for the proprietors of a gaming establishment in Cambodia in a highly contentious and factually intense international arbitration against a company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and its related companies, with a claim in excess of US$250 million and a counterclaim in excess of AUD 18 million.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law