- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (2010)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar (2011)
Vikram has acted in a wide range of civil matters. He has advised and represented local and international clients at all levels of the Singapore Courts in respect of diverse corporate and commercial disputes relating to, among other things, commercial contracts, banking and finance, employment matters, engineering and construction projects, trusts, wills and probate, real estate matters, and tortious liability.
He also handles criminal matters, having advised and acted for clients in a variety of criminal offences, including criminal breach of trust, corruption, cheating, and non-commercial crime. Vikram has also been engaged by various corporate entities to investigate and advise on alleged wrongdoings by employees and their potential criminal liability.
Vikram graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 2010 and was placed on the final year Dean’s List. Since 2013, he has been teaching trial advocacy at NUS and is also currently a mentor under the NUS Law Alumni Mentorship Programme. He is presently serving as a member of the Law Society’s Criminal Practice Committee and Young Lawyers Committee.
Some of the matters that Vikram has handled include the following:
- Multi-party dispute involving breach of non-compete clause and misuse of company’s trade secrets
Represented a global semiconductor equipment manufacturer in a claim against an ex-employee for, among other things, breach of employment contract and breach of fiduciary duties. The dispute also involved a claim against a second entity for procurement of the ex-employee’s breach of contract, and conspiracy to injure the company.
- Claim against exhibition stand contractor for monies due under an oral agreement
Was lead counsel for a local exhibition organiser (and subsidiary of a major media organisation in Singapore) in a claim against an exhibition stand contractor for sums due and owing pursuant to an oral agreement. Summary judgment was successfully obtained against the contractor.
- Action by well-known insurer for indemnity against insured car owner dismissed
Represented an insured car owner in successfully defending an action by an international insurance company seeking an indemnity against the said car owner for damages which the said company was liable to pay to the injured third-party in a road accident caused by the authorised driver of the said car owner. The action involved issues of vicarious liability of a vehicle owner, an insurer’s contractual right to seek indemnity for payments made under a policy, and an insurer’s right to indemnity/compensation under the Motor Vehicles (Third-Party Risks and Compensation) Act.
- Multi-million dollar construction and engineering project dispute
Represented a global industrial equipment manufacturing company in defending a claim by its subcontractor relating to payment for alleged work done in relation to several engineering and construction projects. The action also involved a counterclaim in excess of S$2 million brought by the said company against the sub-contractor for its failure to complete the required scope of work and the damages suffered as a result.
- Multi-party dispute in excess of S$10 million
Representing an eminent local businessman and foreign company in a claim for sums due and owing in excess of S$10 million. The action involved issues relating to fraud, breach of contract, unlicensed moneylending, and unjust enrichment.
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Criminal Practice Committee, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Young Lawyers Committee, Law Society of Singapore
- Tutor, Trial Advocacy, National University of Singapore Faculty of Law
- Mentor, National University of Singapore Law Alumni Mentorship Programme