- LLB (Hons), National University of Singapore (2007)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar (2008)
April’s main area of practice include various aspects of real estate related matters including the sale and purchase of residential, commercial and industrial properties, buildings and developments, leasing of residential, commercial and industrial properties, project and development work, and advising on refinancing and mortgage of secured loans.
She advises corporations and partnerships, developers, financial institutions, trusts, foundations and individuals in transactions in real estate ranging from residential lands, apartments and flats, GCBs, shophouses, hotels, offices, retail and commercial spaces, industrial units, factories and datacentres, involving tenders, auctions, mortgagee sales, financing transactions, commercial and industrial leasing, leases, licensing and permits from governmental and regulatory agencies and issues relating to the real estate transactions such as land subdivision and surrender, planning permissions and approvals and adjudications of stamp duties in transactions involving real estate leases and acquisitions.
April is fluent in both English and Chinese.
Some of the notable matters which April has handled include the following:
- Represented a major local bank in a S$140 million financing for an en-bloc development acquisition by a major local developer and subsequent development and construction of a new project development on the acquired land.
- Represented banks in the transfers of mortgages in Singapore in relation to the sale and purchase of banking business.
- Represented an investor in the acquisition of a commercial building in central business district of Singapore for a value in excess of S$500 million by way of partnership with and contribution by a Singapore listed REIT.
- Represented a developer of a Sentosa Cove development and its shareholders in the sale of the entire equity to an investor.
- Acting for a major developer in the sale of units in a mixed development housing project comprising of more than 1000 units with a childcare centre and commercial units.
- Acting for a leading developer in the sale of units in a development housing project comprising of more than 700 residential units.
- Represented a developer in the sale of its investment in a condominium development, which involved the sale of its entire issued share capital as well as sale of certain junior notes issued by the property developer, including obtaining approval of the sale from the Singapore Land Authority and other relevant authorities.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law