- LL.B (Hons), University of London
- Certificate in Legal Practice
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
Anita has wide experience in matters of acquisitions and disposals of real property, leases and tenancies as well as banking facilities pursuant to conventional and Islamic financing principles relating to acquisitions of real property.
- Acted for the University of Reading (UK) in the preparation of the memorandum of lease for the setting up of a local campus in Iskandar Development Region in Johor.
- Acted for Fraser & Neave Holdings Berhad on various issues relating to its development of the second phase of the Fraser Business Park in Kuala Lumpur. The integrated development comprises, inter alia, a hotel block, a tuition centre, service apartments and a retail mall.
- Acted for a vendor in relation to its sale of a condominium block in Kuala Lumpur for a total consideration of RM100 Million.
- Acted for the owners of two commercial buildings in Kuala Lumpur, in relation to the tenancies and leases of premises within the buildings granted by the owners to various tenants and lessees.
- Acted for several Japanese clients in relation to their purchase of industrial land within West Malaysia.
- Acted for a sublessor in respect of a sublease of a purpose-built building in Technology Park Malaysia.
- Acted for a vendor in relation to its sale of vacant land in Kuala Lumpur, for a consideration of approximately RM275 Million.
- Acted for the sublessor of a land in the sublease granted by the sublessor to a private company set up as a joint venture between a company within the sublessor’s group of companies and a subsidiary of Alibaba Group Holding Limited (listed on the NYSE) for the purpose of enabling the sublessee to develop a regional e-Commerce and logistics hub, comprising cargo terminals, sorting centres, warehouses and fulfilment centres and other facilities for e-commerce industry within the KLIA Aeropolis as part of the Digital Free Trade Zone (DFTZ) initiative launched by the then Prime Minister Najib Razak.
- Acting for Dutch Lady Milk Industries Berhad in relation to its proposed acquisition of land in Bandar Enstek, Negeri Sembilan for the purposes of its future manufacturing activities and business operations.
- Acted for a vendor in relation to its sale of vacant land in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for a consideration of approximately RM275 Million.
IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms
M&A - Leading Lawyer for 3 consecutive years (2011-2013)
Real Estate and Construction 2010 - Leading Lawyer
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Contributed to World Bank, Doing Business 2020 – Registering Property - Malaysia, 17th Edition
- Contributed to World Bank, Doing Business 2019 – Registering Property - Malaysia, 16th Edition