- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (1983)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar (1984)
David Ang is a Consultant in Drew & Napier’s Corporate & Finance Department. He has 28 years of legal experience and was the former Managing Director of the Corporate & Finance Department.
Over the years, David has consistently been recognised as a leading individual in Singapore in the areas of his practice by prestigious international legal publications such as The Asia Pacific 500, Chambers, IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms, Practical Law Company Which Lawyer?, Best Lawyers and Who’s Who Legal.
The transactions that David has handled include:
- Acted as counsel in connection with the sale and transfer of the entire banking business of the Singapore branch of Fortis Bank (Nederland) N.V. to a new banking branch, Fortis Bank S.A./N.V.
- Acted for Singapore Technologies Pte Ltd in its maiden syndicated term loan facility of up to US$300 million obtained through ST Treasury Services Ltd, the treasury vehicle of the ST group, from Barclays Bank PLC, as agent, acting on behalf of a group of syndicated lenders. The loan was arranged by a group of lead mandated arrangers and the syndicated lenders include, amongst others, Barclays bank PLC, BNP Paribas, Credit Lyonnais, ING Bank N.V. and Societe Generale Asia Limited.
- Acted for DBS Bank Ltd in a S$700 million transferable loan facility to Times Properties Pte Ltd.
- Acted for Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited in its joint venture with Zuellig Pharma Holdings Limited and Quintiles Transnational Corp.
- Acted as counsel for Singapore Cable Vision Limited in a multi-billion dollar merger with Starhub Pte Ltd.
Best Lawyers International: Singapore
Banking 2021 - Endorsed individual for 13 consecutive years
Corporate Law 2021 - Endorsed individual for 8 consecutive years
Banking & Finance 2010 - Leading Individual for 4 years
- “a well-respected practitioner who always knows the best way to achieve a deal”
- “focussed and intellectually gifted lawyer”
IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms
Leading lawyer 2010 for 3 consecutive years
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific
Banking & Finance 2009/2010 - Leading individual for 9 consecutive years
- “Consultant David Ang has an excellent market reputation”
Practical Law Company Which Lawyer?
Banking & Finance 2010/2011 - Leading lawyer for 3 consecutive years
- “Maintains a strong banking practice and is known for his strong links with Singapore's banking community.”
Who's Who Legal: Singapore
Banking 2008 - Leading lawyer
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law