- LL.B. (Hons), University of Liverpool (2013)
- Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2015)
Eleanor frequently advises financial institutions, corporates and individuals on a range of domestic and cross-border bilateral and syndicated financing matters, including acquisition financing, real estate financing, rescue financing and green financing. In addition to transactional work, Eleanor has also advised financial institutions on financial regulatory matters and assisted international and local banks in the establishment of in-house templates and documentation. She has also advised clients in internal restructuring transactions, as well as other general corporate and commercial matters.
Prior to joining Drew & Napier in 2018, Eleanor gained corporate in-house experience with listed companies in Singapore.
Some of the matters in which Eleanor has acted include:
- Acted as lender’s counsel in the restructuring of and investment into Pacific International Lines, which is Singapore’s largest container shipping line and the 12th largest in the world. The lender is linked to one of Singapore’s sovereign wealth funds.
- Acted for certain local and BVI incorporated borrowers along with a major Singapore bank in a 2-stage high value secured financing which involved bridging facilities as well as a transferable syndicated loan exceeding S$600,000,000. The purpose of the transaction was for the ultimate beneficial owners of the BVI borrowers to take over a prominent chain of hotels owned by the local borrowers across Singapore.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to a prominent regional fund in relation to the financing aspects of a bond redemption exercise involving bonds issued by a Singapore issuer and guaranteed by the fund. The transaction also involved a consent solicitation exercise following a merger and reorganisation of the issuer.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to a global pharmaceutical conglomerate in relation to its 2-year global internal restructuring exercise pertaining to the spin-off of its business arm in a multi-billion dollar deal. The transaction involved various aspects of Singapore law including financing, mergers and acquisitions, real estate and general corporate law.
- Acted as borrower’s lead counsel to a prominent Luxembourg group of companies in relation to a US$100,000,000 multi-jurisdictional secured financing from a major Singapore bank.
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
Banking and Finance 2023 - Recommended lawyer for 2 consecutive years
IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms
Banking and Finance 2023 - Rising Star
Member, Law Society of Singapore
Member, Singapore Academy of Law