- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar (1994)
Soo Lih co-heads Drew & Napier’s Real Estate and Corporate Real Estate practice group. He specialises in real estate transactions with specific focus on corporate real estate work and high net worth individuals.
Soo Lih advises private and public listed companies, financial institutions, developers, funds and individuals in real estate transactions (including JTC properties) such as land tenders, joint ventures, share sale and purchases, real estate investment trusts, mortgagee sales, collective sales and commercial and residential leases. He also routinely advises on hotel management, property investment and management contracts.
Soo Lih has also assisted clients as their instructing counsel in their acquisition and disposition of properties in countries like Malaysia, Australia, China and South Korea.
As a sub-specialty, Soo Lih advises on banking and financing issues related to these transactions (including regulatory and compliance) and has dealt with competent authorities such as the Singapore Exchange (SGX), Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Jurong Town Corporation (JTC), Housing Development Board (HDB) and Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA).
Soo Lih is fluent in both English and Chinese.
Soo Lih’s transaction highlights include:
- Acted for an insurance conglomerate in the sale of a grade A commercial building in the biggest property transaction in Singapore for 2021, in excess of S$1.2 billion.
- Acted for a SGX mainboard-listed property developer in the divestment of its property holding subsidiary, which owns a freehold prime office building in the central business district of Singapore, for value of S$500 million.
- Advising a Hong Kong fund in the acquisition of a commercial real estate in central business district of Singapore by way of partnership with and contribution by a Singapore listed REIT for a value in excess of S$500 million.
- Acted for a Singapore listed company in its S$480 million sale of commercial and retail units in a shopping cum office complex to a property fund.
- Acted for a Singapore mainboard listed company in its approximately S$80 million investment in a private industrial fund of approximately S$500 million which comprises a portfolio of 14 quality industrial, business park, high-specifications industrial and logistics properties.
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific
Real Estate 2023 – Recommended Lawyer for 4 consecutive years
Real Estate and Construction 2014 – Recommended Lawyer
“Ho Soo Lih is outstanding. He does very detailed work, leaves no gap in the entire process, 24/7 prompt response on any issue, allows the client to get total confidence. A pleasure to work with him and their fees are quite reasonable.”
Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2023 edition
“Very responsive and communicative to clients.”
- Appointed to consult on Singapore’s Digital Conveyancing Portal Project of the Singapore Land Authority
- Member, The Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law