- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar (1994)
Soo Lih specialises in real estate transactions with specific focus on corporate real estate work.
Soo Lih has also assisted clients as their instructing counsel in their acquisition and disposition of properties in countries like Malaysia, Australia, China and South Korea.
Soo Lih advises companies (both public listed and private, local and international), financial institutions, developers and individuals in transactions which include land tenders, joint ventures, share sale and purchases, real estate investment trusts, collective sales and leases (both commercial and residential). Soo Lih also routinely advises on hotel management, property investment and management contracts.
As a sub-specialty, Soo Lih advises on banking and financing issues related to these transactions (including regulatory and compliance) and has dealt with competent authorities such as the Singapore Exchange (SGX), Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Jurong Town Corporation (JTC), Housing Development Board (HDB) and Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA).
Soo Lih is fluent in both English and Chinese.
Soo Lih’s transaction highlights include:
- Advising a Hong Kong fund in the acquisition of a commercial real estate in central business district of Singapore by way of partnership with and contribution by a Singapore listed REIT for a value in excess of S$500 million.
- Acted for a Singapore listed company in its S$480 million sale of commercial and retail units in a shopping cum office complex to a property fund.
- Acted for a Singapore mainboard listed developer in its acquisition of the entire issued and paid up capital of a BVI company which owns a commercial building located within the central business district of Singapore for a consideration in excess of S$348 million.
- Acted for a major local bank in its S$140 million financing for an en-bloc residential development acquisition by a major local developer which banking facilities will be utilised to part finance the acquisition, development and construction costs of a new project at the acquired site.
- Acted for a major local bank in its S$100 million financing for the acquisition of land from the Building and Construction Authority by a major local developer which banking facilities will be utilised to part finance the acquisition and construction of a new Integrated Construction and Precast Hub at the acquired site.
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific
Real Estate 2020 – Recommended Lawyer
Real Estate and Construction 2014 – Recommended Lawyer
- Member, The Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law