- LL.B. (Hons)(ext), University of London (1986)
- B.Sc. (Hons), Imperial College (London) (1982)
- Barrister-at-law, Gray’s Inn (London)
- Admitted to the Bar of England & Wales in 1988
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar in 1989
Kian Min has more than 30 years of legal experience.
In his career, Kian Min has been involved in a wide spectrum of corporate and commercial matters. His practice covered mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, corporate restructuring, and the establishment of joint ventures. He has assisted Singapore-based and foreign multinational corporate clients in structuring their investments, locally and regionally.
Kian Min also serves as independent non-executive director on the board of several Singapore Exchange listed companies. He chairs the audit committee of a number of these listed companies.
He was awarded the President's Scholarship and Police Force Scholarship in 1979 and graduated with a B.Sc. (Hons) from the Imperial College of Science and Technology in 1982. After that he obtained an external LL.B. (Hons) from the University of London. From 1994 to 30 September 2000, he was a partner with Shook Lin & Bok.
- Elected Member of Parliament of Singapore from January 1997 to April 2011