- LLM, University of the West of England (Bristol, U.K.)
- LLB, Ho Chi Minh City University of Law
Tram Ngoc Bich Nguyen is a partner with the Vietnam corporate and commercial team of Tilleke & Gibbins. Based in firm’s Ho Chi Minh City office, Tram’s practice focuses on foreign investment and corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, e-commerce, fintech, and data privacy. Her expertise includes advising foreign and multinational clients on investment in Vietnam, ranging from market-entry stage to expansion, corporate governance, internal rules and regulations, fundraising, restructuring, commercial transactions, and employment.
Tram has advised in domestic and cross-border M&A transactions involving Vietnamese companies engaged in a broad range of business sectors including real estate, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, energy, education, and distribution. Clients also benefit from Ms. Tram’s solid legal background in development, construction, management, operation, and lease activities in respect of real estate projects in Vietnam.
She also provides advice to technology-based businesses, including e-commerce retailers, platform owners, social networks, payment intermediaries, and fintech entrepreneurs. She assists multinational corporations in their adherence to local data protection laws and advises on issues such as platform and social network operations, terms and conditions, vendor contracts, e-contracting, cybersecurity, and data privacy.
Prior to joining Tilleke & Gibbins, Tram spent 16 years with one of Vietnam’s top local firms, where she had been a partner since 2019. Tram is a qualified lawyer in Vietnam and holds an LLM from the University of the West of England in Bristol, U.K., and an LLB in Commercial Law from the Ho Chi Minh City University of Law.
- Advised the Vietnamese branch of an international coatings company to transfer its land site with an area of 18,343 sqm in Binh Duong Province.
- Advised a Vietnamese investment management firm on a land clearance and compensation agreement with provincial authorities in respect of its real estate project in Quang Nam Province.
- Advised a top real estate investor on divestment from a joint venture company operating a serviced apartment building in Hanoi.
- Advised a Vietnamese investment management firm on its potential investment in a hotel and resort project developed on land with a total area of 164 ha in Ba Ria – Vung Tau Province.
- Advised a Vietnamese investment management firm on a transaction in which it acquired warehouses from a market expansion service provider and leased the acquired warehouses back to the same company.
- Represented a capital management firm on a proposed acquisition of shares in offshore holding companies of three high-profile real estate projects in Vietnam.