- LL.B. (Hons), University of Buckingham, England
- Admitted to the Bar of England & Wales (1994)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar (1996)
Cecelia is a consultant in Drew & Napier's Intellectual Property (IP) Department. She has over 15 years of legal experience and is one of Singapore’s leading IP practitioners.
Cecelia’s primary area of practice is in Intellectual Property, which includes trade marks, patents, domain name registration and enforcement, trade mark oppositions, copyright and design, and all aspects of Intellectual Property litigation. She is part of the “sterling team” described by Legal 500 Asia-Pacific and “stands out” in particular for her work in patents registration.
Cecelia has extensive experience in trade mark and patent registration, oppositions and enforcement. She has also been involved in Intellectual Property as well as general civil and commercial litigation matters. These include:
- Trade mark and patent representation for major international corporations
- Representation of a large international pharmaceutical company on an appeal to the Court of Appeal from the Registrar’s decision not to allow the application for a patent filed outside the statutory periods
- Representation of a large international concern in an action for breach of contract
- Representation of a Singapore company in proceedings to strike out an appeal against a decision of the Registrar of Companies to allow use of a company name
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific
Intellectual Property 2013/2014 – Recommended Lawyer
Cecelia Girvin is “flexible in responding to clients’ needs”.
Clients recommended “responsive and efficient Cecelia Girvin”.
Who’s Who Legal
Trade Marks 2017 – Recommended Lawyer
World Trade Mark Review (WTR) 1000
Prosecution and strategy 2016 – Recommended Individual
Knowledgeable attorney and skilful portfolio manager Cecelia Girvin is a staunch advocate of brands’ rights.
“Universally respected” Cecelia Girvin proffers “professional and sound counsel” across the IP spectrum.
“Shrewd strategist Cecelia Girvin is a ‘joy to work with’, providing ‘economical solutions to the most complex of problems’.”
Cecelia Girvin is the group’s “leading portfolio management expert.”
IAM Patent 1000
Prosecution 2018 – Recommended Individual
For non-contentious briefs, innovators need look no further than Cecelia Girvin, a safe pair of hands for rights holders in the country.
Consultant and all-rounder Cecelia Girvin dispenses invaluable, commercially on-point advice to the group’s host of household-name clients.
The “extremely effective and client-centric” Cecelia Girvin is the chosen counsel of myriad IP-rich companies.
She is a “widely renowned professional with fantastic portfolio management know-how”.
Asia IP Experts
Patents, Trademarks, Copyright, and Litigation in 2016 – Leading Individual
Women in Business Law Expert Guide
World’s leading female lawyers 2020 – Listed lawyer
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law