- LLB, Ramkhamhaeng University
- BBA, Kasetsart University
Chitchai Punsan is a litigator in Tilleke & Gibbins’ dispute resolution group. With his proactive and outcome-driven approach, Chitchai has successfully concluded various disputes for multinational corporations, not-for-profit entities, and individuals throughout Thailand and overseas.
Chitchai handles a wide spectrum of cases concerning substandard products, product liability, medical malpractice, real estate, consumer-related claims, transportation, bankruptcy, defamation, bribery, arbitral award enforcement, distributorship, directors’ liability, debt collection, employment, occupational safety, lèse-majesté, personal injury, private matters, and white-collar crime (e.g., fraud, embezzlement, customs violations, security exchange, etc.).
With prior experience in Singapore serving as in-house counsel to multinational corporations, Chitchai provides clients with business-minded and holistic advice in line with the clients’ business interests.
Chitchai is a regular speaker on product liability, compliance, and employment, as well as a frequent contributor to a number of World Bank research projects. He is a member of the Lawyers Council of Thailand and the Thai Bar Association.
- Provided assistance to a multinational corporation in negotiating contracts across the Asia-Pacific region.
- Advised clients on third-party due diligence (including onboarding new counterparties), sanctions, anti-bribery and corruption, anti-fraud, anti-money laundering compliance, market manipulation, and financial regulatory compliance.
- Represented the Thai subsidiary of a large multinational logistics company in five court cases involving both criminal and civil matters totalling a claim amount that exceeded THB 200 million, arising out of the dismissal of an executive-level employee.
- Represented an international animation studio in an employee fraud matter.
- Provided assistance to a global logistics company in a breach of contract claim against a famous automobile conglomerate in Thailand.
- Secured a favourable outcome in a labor dispute on behalf of an international car rental company in a claim arising out of the dismissal of an executive-level employee.