- LL.B., King’s College London
- LL.M., University of London
- Ph.D., King’s College London (Competition Law)
Corinne is the Deputy Head of the firm's Competition Law & Regulatory practice.
Corinne’s experience extends to all areas of competition law practice, including assisting clients in the filing of merger notifications to the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore (CCCS), leniency applications and assisting clients with CCCS investigations.
Corinne has also assisted multi-national and local companies in setting up competition law compliance and audit structures, dawn raid and whistle-blowing programmes and conducting audit checks for companies in a wide range of industries in Singapore and other jurisdictions such as China, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, South Korea and Vietnam.
Corinne’s corporate experience includes contractual and regulatory advice for listed and unlisted companies in a broad spectrum of industries, including aviation, technology, manufacturing and financial services industries and Corinne has assisted in the reviewing and drafting of joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements, distribution and sale and purchase agreements.
With regard to the aviation industry in particular, Corinne has assisted in competition law as well as regulatory and licensing advice, and in contractual matters, pertaining to air services agreements, passenger and cargo airlines operations, travel agencies, global distribution systems, airport services, airport retail services and asset transfers.
Some of the projects Corinne has assisted on include:
- Assisting in merger assessments as lead counsel across multiple jurisdictions and filings to the CCCS and other competition authorities (as lead counsel).
Key deals includes:
- Acquisition of TNT Express N.V. by United Parcel Service, Inc
- Seagate Technology PLC’s proposed acquisition of certain assets of the hard disk drive business of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Proposed Acquisition by ADB BVBA of Safegate International AB
- Proposed Joint Venture between Deutsche Lufthansa AG and Singapore Airlines Limited
- Assisting in competition law compliance training and mock dawn raids as lead counsel across multiple jurisdictions.
- Assisting in multi-jurisdictional leniency applications, investigations and notifications to competition authorities of cooperation agreements. Key investigations include financial services, ball bearings, capacitors and fresh chicken.
- Assisting industry in response to market studies, and assisting, as part of a consortium, in the review by the CCS of the liner shipping block exemption order.
Key market studies:
- Formula milk for infants and young children
- Retail Petrol prices
- Online travel booking sector
- E-commerce platforms
- Assisting in consumer law investigations
The Asia Pacific Legal 500
Antitrust and Competition 2020 – Leading Individual for 4 consecutive years
- 'Corinne Chew is the one that holds up the competition practice and leads the team in terms of legal strategies and practical wisdom.'
- 'fantastic' and 'deserve strong recognition for their client focus'
- "excellent legal knowledge and in-depth understanding of the regulator"
Chambers Asia Pacific
Competition/Antitrust 2020 - Up and Coming individual for 3 consecutive years
- "in-depth knowledge on the subject matter; very well equipped and is truly an expert."
- “Clients pinpoint her responsiveness, client service and competition law knowledge as [Corinne’s] key strengths.”
Who’s Who Legal
Competition 2019/20 - Future Leader for 2 consecutive years
Recognised as one of Singapore’s foremost competition practitioners under the age of 45
Best Lawyers International: Singapore
Competition/Antitrust Law 2021 – Endorsed individual for 2 consecutive years
Asialaw Leading Lawyers
Competition/Antitrust 2021 – Notable Practitioner
Singapore Business Review
Singapore's 20 most influential lawyers aged 40 and under for 2018 - Listed Lawyer
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Co-Author of the Singapore Chapter of the ICN Anti-cartel Enforcement Worldwide.
- Contributor to the book, ASEAN Competition Law.
- Co-Author of the article, China – The Baidu Decision, in the Competition Policy International Journal.
- Co-Author of the article, Changes to Corporate Governance Regime for Financial Institutions in the Singapore Law Gazette.
- Co-Author of the article, Competition Law and Foreign Investment in Singapore for the China Institute of International Antitrust and Investment – First Annual Antitrust Symposium 2013.