The Drew Network Asia Competition Law Practice draws together the highly qualified and experienced dedicated competition law teams from three of the most recognised and reputable firms in the ASEAN region: Drew & Napier (Singapore), Makarim & Taira S. (Indonesia) and Shearn Delamore & Co. (Malaysia).
We pride ourselves on our responsiveness, practical and client-focused solutions, and providing clients with pragmatic and seamless legal responses across the ASEAN region.
We act for a wide variety of clients in a broad range of industries in regulated as well as non-regulated sectors.
We are proud to be trusted competition law advisors to foreign and domestic corporations as well as competition regulators. Significantly, our lawyers have been instrumental in the formulation of competition policies and laws in our respective jurisdictions and in ASEAN.
The Drew Network Asia Competition Law Practice offers a one-stop-shop in competition law solutions across the ASEAN region.
We regularly assist clients and possess extensive experience in a full range of contentious and non-contentious competition law work in the ASEAN region.
Our experience includes:
- Competition advisory projects;
- Defending competition law investigations and regulatory dawn raids and investigations;
- Merger notifications and other notifications to competition authorities;
- Conducting market studies;
- Putting in place multi-jurisdictional compliance and dawn raid programmes;
- Conducting competition law audits and risk management;
- Competition litigation; and
Our network of multi-lingual competition lawyers enables us to provide our clients with a full range of competition law services requiring local legal language expertise, including competition law compliance training and audits, notifications to authorities, advisories and defending competition law infringements and investigations.
With our network of leading competition law practitioners who possess intimate working knowledge of competition regulators and local markets in the ASEAN region, we are uniquely positioned to deliver results in each jurisdiction and work seamlessly across borders to advise and assist our clients on their transactions and in investigations where necessary.
Our competition lawyers are also active in various international fora including in events organised by the Global Competition Review (GCR), the Inter Pacific Bar Association (IPBA), ASIALAW, the American Bar Association (ABA) and the International Bar Association (IBA) Antitrust Committee.
Lim Chong KinManaging Director, Corporate & Finance / Head, Competition, Consumer & Regulatory / Head, Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) / Head, Data Protection, Privacy & Cybersecurity
Dr Corinne ChewCo-Head, Competition Law & Regulatory Practice / Director, Corporate & Finance
Lia AliziaManaging Partner / Intellectual Property / Employment / Banking & Finance (Litigation) / Dispute Resolution / Arbitration & Litigation / Competition Law
K. Shanti MoganPartner, / Head, Arbitration & Mediation / Co-Head, Competition Law & Antitrust / Dispute Resolution / Personal Data Protection & Privacy Laws / Regulatory Compliance & Enforcement / Technology, Media & Telco
Anand RajPartner / Co-Head, Competition Law & Antitrust / Tax Disputes
Singapore | Drew & Napier
Competition/Antitrust 2020 - Band 1 practice for 7 consecutive years
Lim Chong Kin – Band 1 Leading Individual for 7 consecutive years
Dr Corinne Chew - Up & Coming Individual for 3 consecutive years
- The team "provides practical and commercially oriented advice" and has been praised for its "very sharp analysis".
The Asia Pacific Legal 500
Antitrust and Competition 2020 - Tier 1 practice for 4 consecutive years
Lim Chong Kin - Leading Individual for 4 consecutive years
Dr Corinne Chew - Leading Individual for 4 consecutive years
Cavinder Bull, SC - Recommended Lawyer
- “Corinne Chew… holds up the competition practice and leads the team in terms of legal strategies and practical wisdom.”
Competition & Antitrust Law 2021
Cavinder Bull, SC
Lim Chong Kin
Dr Corinne Chew
Indonesia | Makarim & Taira S.
Competition & Antitrust 2020 – Highly Recommended Firm for 4 consecutive years
- “Makarim is a good firm – they provide timely and practical advice.”
- “The advisory opinion has covered all the questions. The work was done in a timely manner. They are very professional.”
- “The attorneys at the firm are responsive, helpful and knowledgeable. We have been very pleased with their assistance.”
Asia Business Law Journal’s Top 100 Lawyers in Indonesia
Lia Alizia - Indonesia’s A-List Lawyer for 3 consecutive years
Malaysia | Shearn Delamore & Co.
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
Antitrust and Competition 2021 - Top Tier for 4 consecutive years
Anand Raj - Leading Individual for 4 consecutive years
Shanti Mogan - Recommended Lawyer for 3 consecutive years
Lilien Wong - Recommended Lawyer for 2 consecutive years
Competition/Antitrust 2021 – Outstanding for 5 consecutive years and Highly Recommended for 3 consecutive years: 2014-2016
Anand Raj - Elite Practitioner for 2 consecutive years; Leading Lawyer for 5 consecutive years (2015-2019)
Global Competition Review
Competition 2021 – Elite Firm and GCR 100 Firm for 5 consecutive years
- “Raj is a well-known competition star within Malaysia, but his expertise extends throughout South East Asia.” - Global Competition Review 2020
- “Shearn Delamore’s competition star is Anand Raj. He is a popular speaker at conferences and in-house antitrust compliance training sessions, and his influence extends beyond the country’s borders and into the broader region... The firm boasts investigation experience before Malaysia’s Competition Commission (MyCC) that few other practices can match.” - Global Competition Review 2019