- BEc, Hanoi Foreign Trade University
- LLB, Hanoi Law University
Kien Trung Trinh is a partner in Tilleke & Gibbins’ corporate and commercial group in Vietnam. With more than 20 years of experience in advising multinational companies on a wide range of commercial and corporate law, he is regarded as “knowledgeable, practical and responsive” by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
Kien is ranked among the top 100 lawyers in Vietnam on Asia Business Law Journal‘s “A-List” and is also acknowledged as one of Vietnam’s preeminent employment law experts by Asialaw Leading Lawyers. He provides sound advice on company work rules, benefit plans, social and health insurance, personal income tax, employment contracts, collective bargaining agreements, confidentiality agreements, and terminations and disciplinary actions. Kien has helped various companies secure termination agreements that have prevented outlays of significant sums.
He also takes an active role in the firm’s life sciences practice, where he advises and assists clients with registration of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, foods, and animal products.
- Advised a global pharmaceutical company on all aspects of doing business in Vietnam, including the formation and operation of a representative office, registration as a foreign pharmaceutical company, property transactions, and employment termination and labor disciplinary procedures.
- Prepared the application dossier and all additional documentation required to establish a 100% foreign-owned company engaging in the distribution of industrial tools in Vietnam. Also assisted the client with leasing office space.
- Advised an international technology company on operating a representative office in Vietnam, including advising on the scope of work of a representative office, employment matters, tax matters, and government filing requirements. Prepared Vietnamese and English versions of labor contracts.
- Assisted a global electronics company with all legal aspects of leasing industrial property, commencing construction, and acquiring a trading license.
- Advised a leading high-tech company on HR matters, including drafting labor contracts, registering new staff members, preparing documents for employment termination, and registering staff resignations.
- Advised a multinational pharmaceutical company regarding various corporate consolidation matters, including management, labor, and drug licensing, arising from its worldwide merger with another leading pharmaceutical company. After the integration became effective, helped the subsidiaries comply with various legal requirements and assisted in obtaining the necessary permits.
Corporate/M&A 2023 – Band 5 for 5 consecutive years
Employment 2023 – Band 3 for 2 consecutive years
- Kien is “knowledgeable, quick and comprehensive in providing his advice.”
- “His prudent and detailed approach helps us to clarify the situation. He's always committed and professional.”
- “He is responsive and provides good legal advice.”
- “Mr Kien Trung Trinh is tremendously competent and efficient.”
Asialaw Leading Lawyers
Labor & Employment 2024 – Distinguished Practitioner for 5 consecutive years
Asia Business Law Journal
A-List 2023 – Vietnam’s Top 100 Lawyers for 2 consecutive years