- LL.B/ B.Com (Accounting), University of New South Wales, Australia
- Lawyer of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia
- Solicitor of the High Court of Hong Kong Special Administration Region of the PRC
Shujun is a Registered Foreign Lawyer in Drew & Napier’s Tax & Private Client Services team.
Her current principal areas of practice include family offices, trusts, estate planning, general corporate law and tax. She has assisted clients on the establishment of family trusts, setting up of family offices in Singapore and applying to the Monetary Authority of Singapore for the relevant tax exemptions. She also has experience assisting clients on various private corporate and commercial transactions such as mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining Drew & Napier, Shujun worked in Hong Kong as a capital markets lawyer for several years, with a particular focus on initial public offerings and ongoing general compliance matters in relation to Hong Kong-listed companies.
Shujun is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Here is a representative list of matters that Shujun has handled to date:
Family Offices and Trusts
- Assisted several foreign high net worth individuals and their families in setting up family offices in Singapore, drafting investment management agreements and employment contracts, applying to the Monetary Authority of Singapore for tax incentives under sections 13O/13U of the Income Tax Act 1947 and applying for exemptions from the requirement to hold a capital market license to carry out fund management business in Singapore under the Securities and Futures Act 2001.
- Assisted several clients in drafting/reviewing trust deeds, letter of wishes and wills.
Private Corporate and Commercial Transactions
- Assisted a family office client with several private acquisitions of various hotel properties in Singapore and overseas, including conducting due diligence on the target companies and drafting and/or reviewing major transaction documents.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, The Law Society of Hong Kong