- LL.B (Hons), National University of Singapore
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar in 2003
Ching Ling’s principal areas of practice are tax, trusts and estate planning.
She assists both local and foreign clients with estate planning. This will include, amongst others, advising on their wills, establishing family and philanthropic trusts, drafting family constitutions and setting up private trust companies and family offices. She also advises them on tax efficient structures for succession planning.
Ching Ling also advises trust companies on tax, trusts and compliance matters.
The matters that Ching Ling has handled include:
- Advised a Japanese UHNW family in the establishment of 2 family trusts for succession, asset protection and charitable purposes.
- Advised a prominent South Asian UHNW individual on the restructuring of his worldwide assets and the establishment of a family office, family trusts and s13U funds to hold and manage such assets for succession purposes.
- Assisted a prominent Chinese UHNW family on their family office, family trusts and s13U fund. Advised the family on succession plans, tax and other personal matters.
- Advised a leading Singapore UHNW family in the establishment of a private trust company and the re-settlement of their existing trusts for succession planning.
- Advised a prominent Singapore family in the establishment of a private trust company, drafting of a family constitution and the settlement of their family business into a family trust for succession purposes.
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
Private Wealth & Family Law 2024 – Next Generation Partner for 4 consecutive years
"Seah Ching Ling is very experienced, commercial-minded and sensitive to client's requirements in the area of tax and trusts, which is helpful when one has to navigate through concepts and issues which may be complex and confusing at times. She can always be counted on to provide advice that is practical and sensible."
"Seah Ching Ling is very knowledgeable in her field of work and always willing to go the extra mile. Very responsive and clients can be assured that they are in good hands with her."
"Seah Ching Ling is able to fully understand our needs and has great attention to detail. She also makes us feel comfortable and reassured. We feel that these qualities are crucial for a family office and trusts lawyer."
Ching Ling is “very experienced and knowledgeable in the area of trusts, taxation, and charities.”
“She provides very pragmatic advice and does not over-complicate matters.”
She is “an emerging talent.”
Who's Who Legal
Private Client 2023 – Recommended individual
Southeast Asia: Private Client 2023 – Recommended individual
“Ching Ling provides practical advice that is clear and easy to understand”.
Private Client 2022 – Ching Ling is a Recommended individual
Asian Legal Business SE Asia Law Awards
Private Wealth Law Firm of the Year 2021
Ching Ling is part of the team that won the Private Wealth Law Firm of the Year Award for handling some of the most complex, cross-border and intricate private wealth law matters
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law