- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (2006)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar (2007)
Teng Sen’s areas of practice encompass mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, corporate governance, general corporate, crisis management and securities related matters. Teng Sen also regularly advises on compliance issues with Singapore stock exchange listing rules.
He has advised companies, board of directors, financial institutions, private equities, venture funds as well as ultra-high net worth individuals.
As part of his practice, Teng Sen has advised mergers and acquisitions spanning various industries, including consumer markets, health care, real estate, logistics, transport, cybersecurity and technology.
Prior to joining Drew & Napier, Teng Sen started his career with the Corporate M&A department in one of the largest law firms in Singapore. Teng Sen had also spent a stint with a large Japanese law firm in Tokyo, and had also worked as an in-house counsel in an international bank.
Teng Sen has been a tutor of the “Corporate Deals” module of the National University of Singapore Faculty of Law since 2016 and he has facilitated the Advanced Corporate Practice for the Preparatory Course leading to Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations since 2018.
Teng Sen is recognised as a recommended lawyer under the Corporate/M&A category for two consecutive years by The Asia Pacific Legal 500 in 2019 and 2020. He has also been named as Singapore’s 20 most influential lawyers aged 40 and under in 2019 by the Singapore Business Review.
- Advised Evercore Asia (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., the independent financial adviser to the independent directors of Global Logistic Properties Limited, on the proposed acquisition by Nesta Investment Holdings Limited of all the issued ordinary shares in the capital of Global Logistic Properties Limited by way of a scheme of arrangement for approximately S$16 billion. This transaction is Asia’s largest private equity buyout to-date. This transaction was awarded the Asialaw Regional Awards 2019 - Editor's choice impact deals of the year; Asian Legal Business SE Asia Legal Awards 2018 - M&A Deal of the Year (Premium); and Asian Lawyer Asia Legal Awards 2018 - M&A Deal of the Year: Southeast Asia.
- Advised Evercore Asia (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., the independent financial adviser to Frasers Commercial Asset Management Ltd (which were the manager of Frasers Commercial Trust (“FCOT”)) in relation to the merger of FCOT and Frasers Logistics & Industrial Trust Trust by way of a trust scheme of arrangement for approximately S$1.6 billion
- Acted for WBL Corporation Limited (WBL) in relation to the mandatory unconditional cash offer by Yanlord Investment (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. for all the issued and paid-up ordinary stock units in the capital of WBL which valued WBL at approximately S$730 million
- Advised COSCO SHIPPING International (Singapore) Co., Ltd on its acquisition of all the issued shares of Cogent Holdings Limited by way of a voluntary general offer for an aggregate consideration of approximately S$488 million
- Advised StarHub Ltd on its joint venture with a subsidiary of Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited to form Ensign InfoSecurity Pte. Ltd., one of the largest cyber security companies in Asia
- Advised Chuan Hup Holdings Limited, on its disposal of its 76.7% stake in PCI Limited for approximately S$203 million to Platinum Equity Advisors by way of a scheme of arrangement
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of a 15% stake in Indonesian-listed PT Siloam International Hospitals Tbk for approximately US$166 million
- Advised Constantia Flexibles GmbH, as their Singapore counsel, on the sale of their Labels division to Multi-Color Corporation for €1.15 billion
- Advised Giosis Pte. Ltd., as Singapore counsel, in connection with the divestment of its Japanese business to eBay International AG for approximately US$573 million
- Advised Cornell Capital, a U.S. based private equity fund, as local counsel in its bolt-on acquisition of Shanghai Paristy Daily Chemical Co. Ltd which is a leading custom formulator and manufacturer of colour cosmetic products, based in Shanghai, China
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
Corporate/M&A 2020 – Recommended Lawyer for 2 consecutive years
- "Tan Teng Sen is 'an-up-and-coming partner' who provides 'amazing response times, a meticulous approach and an ability to work well under pressure'; he is recommended as 'a counsel of choice to investment banks and financial advisers'."
Asialaw Leading Lawyers
- “Teng Sen is a professional and dependable legal advisor on our transactions. He consistently meets timelines and delivers sound quality advice with a strong commercial sense.”
- A client commended Teng Sen as “Very competent and sound technically; able to come up with practical solutions; listens and reads the situation well and resourceful - knows where to go looking for answers beyond the usual port of calls.”
Singapore Business Review
Singapore’s 20 most influential lawyers aged 40 and under in 2019 – Listed lawyer
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law