- LL.B (Hons) National University of Singapore (2009)
- Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2010)
Daniel practices civil litigation and international arbitration.
He handles a wide range of matters including complex disputes in construction, banking and finance, infrastructure projects, corporate and commercial disputes. He has also acted for clients in relation to investigations by various regulatory authorities in Singapore.
Daniel has represented multinational corporations, governments, financial institutions and individuals at all levels of the Singapore Courts and in international arbitrations.
Daniel has been appointed by the Honourable the Chief Justice as a member of the Inquiry Panel under the Legal Profession Act. He is also an author of Singapore Civil Procedure, Sweet & Maxwell.
Some of the matters in which Daniel has acted include:
- Successfully acted for a homeowner in a claim commenced in the Singapore High Court against a property developer for serious defects in a bungalow located in Sentosa Cove. The High Court held that the developer was in breach of contract due to the defects in the property, and held that the homeowner is entitled to recover damages for those defects. This decision is reported at  SGHC 175.
- Acted in an international arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules concerning a multi-jurisdiction distribution agreement with one of the world’s largest brand-name apparel companies. The arbitration involved complex issues relating to breach of contract, lawful and unlawful means conspiracy, and trademark infringements, amongst others.
Multi-billion infrastructure arbitration
- Daniel was part of the team acting in a complex international arbitration involving a multi-billion dollar mining project in Australia. There were also parallel proceedings before the Australian and Korean national Courts. The arbitral tribunal consists of eminent and distinguished individuals, chaired by a retired English High Court Judge.
Companies, minority oppression
- Acted as lead counsel in successfully defending the former editor of The Straits Times in a S$1.6 billion claim in the Singapore High Court concerning breach of contract, oppression, conspiracy and breach of directors’ duties. The Judgment can be found at  SGHC 238, and the matter was reported in the media.
Wrongful dismissal claim against bank
- Acted for a bank in a lawsuit in the Singapore High Court brought by a former senior employee against the bank for unfair dismissal. This suit arose on the back of global investigations by authorities worldwide into the alleged fixing and manipulation of global benchmark reference rates.
Asian Legal Business Asia Super 50 Disputes Lawyers 2021
Recognised as being amongst the top 50 disputes lawyers in the region
A client commended Daniel as “an excellent lawyer with methodical and insightful approach to litigation.”
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore