- LL.B. (Hons), King’s College London, United Kingdom (2013)
- Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2015)
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England & Wales (2023)
Joel is a Director in the Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Groups. He is also a member of the Telecommunications, Media & Technology and Employment Practice Groups.
Joel’s key practice areas are in corporate and commercial law, with an emphasis in mergers & acquisitions, information technology, healthcare regulatory and employment matters.
Joel regularly advises clients on mergers & acquisitions and other transactional corporate and commercial matters across a wide variety of industries. In particular, he advises MNCs, listed companies and start-ups on acquisitions, fund raising, and other transactions, including corporate and commercial agreements, corporate restructuring, joint ventures and shareholder agreements.
For information technology matters, Joel advises on software services, procurement and other related agreements. He also advises on a range of healthcare regulatory matters, including biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and medical devices. In relation to employment matters, he regularly advises client on the full range of employment issues, including pre-employment processes and procedures, employment contracts as well as post-employment related matters.
Joel also has experience advising on equity capital markets matters, including Singapore and Hong Kong IPOs, listed company equity fund raising such as rights issues and placements, and SGX regulatory compliance matters.
- Acted for one of the two Integrated Resorts in Singapore in relation to its further investment in Singapore to expand its non-gaming facilities as well as to obtain certain gaming concessions. The total investment commitment of the two Integrated Resorts amounted to SGD 9 billion.
- Acted for a China property development group, the majority shareholder of a consortium, in the consortium’s take-over of a conglomerate listed on SGX. The transaction was valued at approximately SGD 1.83 billion.
- Acted for LH Group Limited, a company listed on SGX, in relation to a reverse take-over transaction relating to the acquisition of Pacific Star Development Pte. Ltd. for a purchase consideration of SGD 140 million.
- Acted for a conglomerate listed on SGX in relation to the sale of its biomedical subsidiary to a conglomerate listed on NYSE for a consideration of USD 50 million.
- Acted for the vendors in relation to the sale of a parking management services company to a parking systems construction group listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange for a consideration of SGD 48 million.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of England & Wales