& Technology (TMT)
Drew Network Asia consolidates the unparalleled expertise of exceptional specialist practitioners who are consistently ranked in the top tier of the TMT practice area in their respective jurisdictions of Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia.
We offer a proven track record of advising on some of the most complex matters spanning the full spectrum of transactional, licensing, disputes and regulatory work for a broad range of clients across diverse industries, including major multinational corporations, Fortune 500 companies, and local companies, as well as international law firms and sectoral regulators (both local and foreign).
Our unique strength lies in our comprehensive knowledge of licensing and regulatory frameworks, our in-depth understanding of the policies and guidelines issued by the respective TMT regulators across ASEAN, and our comprehensive understanding of technological trends, issues and risks.
With this deep understanding, we are well-placed to assist clients on successful market entry into highly regulated TMT markets, including setting up data centres, obtaining complex licences to lay submarine cables, and launch broadcast satellites covering ASEAN, as well as managing risk and disputes arising out of such transactions.
We are equally at the forefront of technology law in ASEAN, advising clients on the legal aspects of deploying solutions covering:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cloud-based Agreements
- E-Commerce and Online Gaming
- FinTech and TechFin (in particular Block-Chain, Crypto-Currencies and Electronic Payment Systems)
- Software Development and Licensing
Drew Network Asia is committed to providing excellent and high-quality advice to our clients in a seamless and efficient manner across multiple jurisdictions. We pride ourselves on the ability to deliver advice that is tailored to meet our clients’ specific strategic and commercial objectives.
As part of this strong commitment to excellence, our clients will receive the support of a carefully-selected mix of practitioners with extensive experience across complimentary practice areas, including in technology, info-communications, cybersecurity, data protection, and sector-specific and general competition law.
Lim Chong KinManaging Director, Corporate & Finance / Head, Competition, Consumer & Regulatory / Head, Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) / Head, Data Protection, Privacy & Cybersecurity
David AlfredDirector, Corporate & Finance / Co-Head, Data Protection, Privacy & Cybersecurity / Co-Head and Programme Director, Drew Data Protection & Cybersecurity Academy
Maria SagradoPartner / Banking & Finance / Capital Markets / Healthcare & Life Sciences / Telecommunications, Media & Technology (TMT)
Timothy SiawPartner, Intellectual Property / Head, Technology, Media & Telco / Partner, Healthcare and Life Sciences
Christina S. C. KowPartner / Head, Financial Services / Personal Data Protection & Privacy Law / Technology, Media & Telco
Singapore | Drew & Napier
Chambers Asia Pacific
TMT 2020 - Band 1 for 13 consecutive years
Lim Chong Kin - Leading Individual for 13 consecutive years
- "It's not only the quality of the work, for they're really more than just a transactional firm: when we ask for something, they not only do it well, but give other advice, pointing to new directions for the company."
IT, Telco & Media 2021 - Outstanding practice for 6 consecutive years
- “Clients praise the TMT practice, which is headed by Lim Chong Kin. ‘Their TMT team is superb and knowledgeable,’ says a client, with Lim singled out for praise: ‘Lim Chong Kim’s work is consistently exceptional.’”
Asia Pacific Legal 500
TMT 2020 - Tier 1 for 11 consecutive years
Lim Chong Kin - Hall of Fame; Leading Individual for 9 consecutive years
- 'terrific – very knowledgeable in the TMT space and very responsive'
Indonesia | Makarim & Taira S.
IT, Telco & Media 2020 – Highly Recommended practice for 2 consecutive years
Asia Pacific Legal 500
IT and Telecoms 2020 – Tier 2 for 3 consecutive years
Malaysia | Shearn Delamore & Co.
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
TMT 2020 – Tier 3 for 5 consecutive years
Rabindra Nathan - Recommended Lawyer
Christina Kow - Recommended Lawyer
Timothy Siaw - Recommended Lawyer for 5 consecutive years
Janet Toh - Recommended Lawyer for 2 consecutive years
Ng Swee Kee - Recommended Lawyer
- “The 'commercial and proactive' telecoms, media and technology sector practice group at Shearn Delamore & Co encompasses lawyers across multiple practice areas, including IP, financial services, corporate and M&A, tax and competition, to assist clients particularly with emerging issues across technology, media and communications. Intellectual property partner Timothy Siaw heads up the group which includes Janet Toh, who frequently advises on IT contracts; corporate and M&A partner Ng Swee Kee; litigator Rabindra S Nathan and Christina Kow, who focuses on financial services regulatory and data privacy issues”.
Technology and Telecommunications 2020 – Highly Recommended for 4 consecutive years