- D. Jur., University of Melbourne (2012)
- M.Ed (Gifted Education), Nanyang Technological University (2010)
- B.Sc (Pure and Applied Mathematics), National University of Singapore (2003)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar (2014)
Pei Tong specialises in corporate finance, corporate and commercial transactions in Singapore and in the region, including listings, equity and debt issues, reverse takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and private equity and venture capital investments.
Pei Tong’s practice areas include advising companies listed on the Singapore Exchange in relation to their continuing listing obligations and corporate actions such as dual listings, acquisitions and disposals, share schemes and buybacks, interested person transactions, and corporate restructuring exercises. He also regularly advises on employment, data protection and other regulatory compliance matters. A versatile individual, Pei Tong also has extensive experience in both private and public merger and acquisition transactions in Singapore and the region, having acted for bidders, target companies and financial advisers in such transactions.
Before commencing legal practice, Pei Tong read Mathematics under a Public Service Commission scholarship and was a gifted education teacher teaching Mathematics in one of the top girls’ school in Singapore. He started his legal career in Drew & Napier and prior to re-joining us, had practised in another "big four" law firm in Singapore and in the formal law alliance partner in Singapore of a leading global law firm
Pei Tong is also an avid Table Tennis player and he is currently the Convenor for the sport on the Sports Committee of the Law Society of Singapore.
Pei Tong is effectively bilingual in English and Chinese.
Some of the matters which Pei Tong has handled to date include acting as or advising:
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Temasek Holdings on its IT and cloud joint venture with Infosys Limited
- OUE Limited (a diversified real estate owner, developer and operator) on the disposal of the office components of OUE Downtown to OUE Commercial REIT for S$908 million
- Ocean International Capital Limited on the public takeover, delisting and subsequent compulsory acquisition of Otto Marine Limited, which valued Otto Marine Limited at approximately S$68 million
- Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited, the financial adviser to the offeror, on the mandatory unconditional cash offer for Cityneon Holdings Limited, which valued Cityneon Holdings Limited at approximately S$318 million
- China Mining International Limited on its investment into an iron ore mine in South Africa for RMB68.5 million
- a Singapore Mainboard-listed company on a US$59 million acquisition, from a state-owned investment company in Singapore, of shares in seven (7) entities across five (5) jurisdictions
- F J Benjamin Holdings Ltd on its renounceable rights cum warrants issue, raising gross proceeds of approximately S$39 million
Asia-Pacific Legal 500
Capital Markets 2024 – Recommended Lawyer for 2 consecutive years
“Another name to note for debt and equity offerings.”
IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms
"Deep legal and SGX regulatory knowledge."
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law