- MM, Mahidol University
- LLB, Thammasat University
Nuttaphol Arammuang is a partner in Tilleke & Gibbins’ intellectual property practice in Bangkok. Nuttaphol’s expertise covers a broad spectrum of IP matters, and he has consistently received accolades from prominent legal publications, including Chambers Asia Pacific, The Legal 500, Asia IP, and World Trademark Review.
Nuttaphol helps brand owners and intellectual property holders achieve outstanding results in the courtroom. Some of his past successes include litigation cases involving pharmaceutical patent disputes, patent infringement, design infringement, trademark and trade dress infringement, passing off, trademark invalidation, copyright litigation in the context of new media and technology, and obtaining preliminary injunctions and Anton Piller orders.
Apart from contentious IP matters, Nuttaphol also advises clients on IP protection strategies and IP commercialization, including licensing, franchising, and technology transfer.
Prior to joining Tilleke & Gibbins, Nuttaphol led the intellectual property practice in the Bangkok office of another leading law firm. In addition to his legal practice, Nuttaphol is a highly regarded special lecturer at universities in Thailand.
Nuttaphol holds a master’s degree in management from Mahidol University and an LLB from Thammasat University. He is a member of the Thai Bar Association, a notarial services attorney licensed by the Lawyers Council of Thailand, and a registered patent agent in Thailand.
- Successfully represented one of the largest telecommunications companies in Thailand in a copyright lawsuit before the Central Intellectual Property and International Trade (IP&IT) Court involving a dispute over architectural works by proving noninfringement and freeing the client from all damages and compensation claimed by the opposing party.
- Advised leading Thai universities on commercializing their IP assets related to research and innovation for the prevention of COVID-19, which entailed providing technology transfer agreements, patent drafting and prosecution, and strategic advice on the clients’ IP protection in Thailand and overseas.
- Advised and represented a media and technology company in a longstanding cross-border dispute over trademark rights with a British company by leading negotiations that enabled the parties to agree on the coexistence of trademarks and sign a dispute settlement agreement.
- Advised local and international life sciences companies on many projects involving compassionate use of pharmaceutical products and medical devices by combining IP principles with other legal aspects to ensure the projects’ compliance and legality.
- Advised a leading fashion company based in Luxembourg on terminating a licensing and distribution agreement with a local Thai company for a well-known fashion brand, facilitated collection of unpaid royalties, and enabled a smooth transition surrounding a selloff period.
- Represented a local startup company in defending the client’s patent on smart locker technology from a competitor’s patent invalidation action, which entailed defending the validity of the client’s patent and negotiating a licensing agreement with the counterparty to secure payment of royalties to the client for the use of the client’s patent in Thailand.
Intellectual Property 2023 – Band 4 for 5 consecutive years
Trademarks (Enforcement and Litigation) 2023 – Silver Band
IAM Patent 1000
Patents 2023 – Silver Band
Asia Business Law Journal
Identified as Thailand's Top 100 A-List Lawyer 2022
IP Experts 2023