- LL.B (Hons), University of London, United Kingdom
- Certificate in Legal Practice
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
Shariza has been with Shearn Delamore & Co since 1993. Her practice focus primarily involves mergers and acquisitions, securities dealings, corporate financing and restructuring, private finance initiatives, cross-border transactions, joint ventures, project development, regulatory compliance, corporate governance, and foreign investments.
Her commercial experience involves advising on a wide range of commercial transactions and arrangements, including sale and purchase of assets and/or businesses, partnership agreements, agency and distributorship arrangements, technical services agreement, technology transfer agreements and licence agreements.
She also has experience with legal matters arising in the area of Infrastructure and Projects, providing advice on development, construction, financing, operation and maintenance projects in private power generation, renewable energy projects, manufacturing projects/facilities, upstream oil and gas exploration and refinery projects, planning, development, management of public-private partnerships and other related issues.
Shariza is also the partner in charge of the Shearn Delamore & Co’s corporate secretarial department that provides full range of corporate secretarial support services to a wide range of both local and foreign clients.
- Acted as Malaysian counsel to Saudi Aramco in relation to its participation and joint venture with Petronas, in the Petronas Refinery and Petrochemical Integrated Development (RAPID) Pengerang Project, which is part of the Pengerang Integrated Petroleum Complex (PIPC), a megaproject development in Pengerang in the State of Johor, Malaysia.
- Advised MRCB George Kent Sdn Bhd (MRCBGK), a joint venture company between Malaysian Resources Corporation Bhd and George Kent (Malaysia) Bhd, on their appointment by Prasarana Malaysia Berhad (Prasarana) as the main contractor for the design, development and construction of the Malaysian Government’s Light Rail Transit Line 3 (LRT 3) Project from Bandar Utama in Petaling Jaya to Johan Setia in Klang, which was initially based on a project delivery partner (PDP) model and later remodeled into a fixed price lump sum turnkey contract model.
- Advised Worldwide Holdings Berhad on all aspects of its project and joint venture for the development, management, operation and maintenance of the first Waste-to- Energy plant, under a Concession Agreement and a Design-Build-Operate-Transfer scheme, at the Jeram Sanitary Landfill in the State of Selangor which will be part of an Integrated Solid Waste Management Center (ISWMC) which will include Composting Plant, Material Recovery Facility (MRF) for Construction and Demolition (C&D) waste, Anaerobic Digester (AD) as well as Research and Development (R&D) center.
Capital Markets 2021 – Notable Practitioner for 4 consecutive years
Project Development 2021 – Notable Practitioner for 4 consecutive years
Project Finance 2021 – Notable Practitioner for 4 consecutive years
M&A 2021 – Notable Practitioner for 4 consecutive years
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific
Projects and Energy 2019 – Recommended Lawyer
Corporate/M&A 2010, 2014 and 2015 – Recommended Lawyer
Asia Legal Business Malaysia Law Awards
Projects, Energy and Infrastructure Deal of the Year 2020 (Project RAPID)
Malaysia Deal of the Year 2018 (Saudi Aramco Integrated Development Project of PETRONAS)
Project, Energy and Infrastructure Deal of the Year 2018 (Saudi Aramco Integrated Development Project of PETRONAS)
Asia Legal Business SE Asia Law Awards
Project Finance Deal of the Year 2020 (Project Rapid)
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member, Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- Member, World Law Group
- Contact Partner, World Services Group (WSG)