- LL.B. Bachelor of Laws, The London School of Economics & Political Science (2002)
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of England and Wales (2003)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar (2005)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional, Asia (2020)
Rozalynne is a Director in Drew & Napier's Intellectual Property & Dispute Resolution Department.
With over 13 years of experience in the legal industry as a commercial litigator, an intellectual property litigator and general in-house counsel, Rozalynne specialises in representing her clients through complex and complicated legal issues in both intellectual property litigation and general litigation. In Drew & Napier, she advised and represented a range of clients stemming from diverse industries such as pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, consumer electronics, cleaning technology, property, healthcare and medical devices in both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Rozalynne also provided counsel on a broad spectrum of legal matters from contracts, disputes, data privacy, regulatory and compliance matters as the ASEAN Legal Counsel and Data Protection Officer for the Ernst & Young firms in the region. In this role, she worked very closely with the business units and key functions of the business, such as the regional IT teams, human resources, finance and business development teams, to manage and ensure compliance with applicable laws.
Rozalynne graduated from the London School of Economics & Political Science, and is a member of the bar of England & Wales. She is also admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor in Singapore.
Here is a sample of some of Rozalynne’s past and present cases:
- Representing Tanaka Electronics Singapore (Pte.) Ltd. in a Singapore High Court patent infringement action in HC/S 160/2020. Tanaka Electronics Singapore (Pte.) Ltd. owns a manufacturing facility in Singapore and manufactures bonding wires for semiconductors. The action involves allegations of patent infringement with a prayer for, amongst others, an injunction. Tanaka Electronic Singapore (Pte.) Ltd. has denied the allegations of patent infringement and has put in issue the validity of the asserted patent claims.
- Currently advising a client in a potential arbitration action before the International Chamber of Commerce involving the sale of advanced technology equipment.
- Representing Golden Village Multiplex Pte Ltd (“Golden Village”), Singapore’s leading cinema operator, in HC/S 1155/2019. This suit was commenced by Composers and Authors Society of Singapore Limited (“COMPASS”) in relation to the payment of license fees for the public performance of musical works featured in the films screened at Golden Village’s cinemas. The suit includes a counterclaim by Golden Village for breach of contract and misrepresentation by COMPASS.
- Successfully assisted to represent the client in Suit 703/2008/X concerning disputes over defamation, malicious falsehood and shareholdings in an Indonesian listed company in the coal mining business. In the Court of Appeal decision in Low Tuck Kwong v Sukamto Sia  SGCA 61, the Court of Appeal reversed the Trial Judge’s decision on several aspects in the client’s favour.
- Successfully assisted to represent a Singapore listed company in Suit 207/2009 against the former chief executive officer and executive director for alleged breach of director’s duties in the High Court decision of Scintronix Corp Ltd (formerly known as TTL Holdings Ltd) v Ho Kang Peng and another  SGHC 34. The Court of Appeal affirmed the High Court’s decision in Ho Kang Peng v Scintronix Corp Ltd  SGCA 22.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals