- LLM, University of Wisconsin
- LLM, Georgetown University
- LLB, Chulalongkorn University
Nop Chitranukroh is a partner and director of Tilleke & Gibbins’ corporate and commercial group. She regularly advises clients across industries on a wide range of regulatory compliance matters relating to cybersecurity and data privacy, fintech, insurance, insurtech, and technology. She also represents multinational and local financial services, payments, and technology industry clients on a range of strategic matters, including market entry, M&As, and ongoing compliance across Southeast Asia.
Prior to joining Tilleke & Gibbins, Nop served as Thailand general counsel of an American multinational corporation, listed on the New York Stock Exchange, where she oversaw all operations within the legal department in Thailand. Nop was previously Asia-Pacific regional counsel for the same multinational finance and insurance corporation, based in Singapore. She has also served as a legal counsel at an industry-leading Irish American financial services and software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider of payment processing software and related application programming interfaces (APIs) for e-commerce websites and mobile applications.
Widely recognised as a top practitioner in insurance and TMT legal practice in Southeast Asia, Nop is ranked as a leading lawyer in both technology and insurance in Thailand by Chambers Asia-Pacific and has been identified as a Next Generation Partner in TMT by The Legal 500. She was named one of the Asia’s top 40 lawyers under 40 by Thomson Reuters’ Asian Legal Business, and most recently was ranked as a “National Leader” for data in Who’s Who Legal Southeast Asia 2022.
Nop is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/Asia (CIPP/A) with the International Association of Privacy Professionals and serves as an advisory board member of Insurtech Asia. She has acted as a legal advisor for the Thailand Insurance Association for more than a decade.
- Advised a multinational American corporation listed on the S&P 500 on a number of M&A transactions, including its corporate restructuring in Thailand, conversion into a public company, transfer of an entire business to one of its Thai entities and a joint venture arrangement.
- Advised one of the world’s largest international insurance broker groups on its M&A and corporate restructuring in Thailand, including a joint venture arrangement with Thai investors and investment structuring in the Indochina region.
- Advised one of the world’s largest search engine companies on setting up operations in Thailand, including drafting, negotiating, and reviewing an extensive range of business and technology transactional arrangements. This includes setting up the client’s insurtech and fintech business partnership with a local business operator.
- Assisted a British insurance broker in an insurtech matter, involving setting up its online insurance products marketplace in Thailand and advising on business arrangement structures with all of the top ten leading motor insurers in the Thai market.
- Advised a global technology company, based in Asia, on regulatory matters related to beacon devices, over-the-top (OTT) businesses, and data privacy regulatory requirements.
- Advised a global social media/technology company, based in Korea and Japan, on one of its largest joint venture arrangements with one of the largest local mobile carriers and transportation operators for its e-payment system and fintech-related business in Thailand.
Insurance 2023 – Band 1
TMT 2023 – Band 2
- "She knows our operations and the market very well. We don't have to explain how we work - she knows everything and just deals with the problem."
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific
Insurance 2021 – Next Generation Partner
TMT 2021 – Next Generation Partner
Asialaw Leading Lawyers
Insurance 2023 – Distinguished Practitioner for 2 consecutive years
Asian Legal Business
Named as one of Asia’s Super 50 TMT Lawyers 2023
Named as one of Asia’s Asia Top 15 TMT Lawyers 2021