- B.A. (Hons) University of Oxford (2013)
- Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2015)
Gerald has an active practice in civil litigation and international arbitration.
He handles a variety of matters relating to director / shareholder disputes, contractual and tortious claims, competition law issues, infrastructure projects, energy ventures, trusts, banking and finance, and regulatory actions.
Gerald has acted for governments, multinational corporations, financial institutions and high net worth individuals at all levels of the Singapore Courts and in international arbitration.
Gerald graduated from the University of Oxford with a B.A. (Hons) degree in 2013.
Gerald tutors students in the Preparatory Course leading to Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations.
Some of the notable matters which Gerald has handled include:
- Successfully acted in a trust dispute before the Singapore High Court involving oil & gas assets worth more than US$115 million, with related proceedings in the US and the Bahamas. Within this lawsuit, successfully resisted an anti-suit injunction application and obtained a stay on forum non conveniens Both decisions were upheld before the Court of Appeal.
- Successfully acted for various major international banks to resist allegations of unauthorised trading in separate lawsuits before the Singapore High Court. In each of these lawsuits, the claims amounted to more than US$7 million.
- Successfully acted for a major Philippines water and wastewater services provider for the Greater Manila Area against the Philippine government in resisting the Philippine government’s application to set aside an arbitral award worth more than US$62 million.
- Acting in an arbitration under the UNCITRAL rules involving claims worth more than US$135 million in relation to the construction of an Ultra Mega Power Project (an integrated power generation and coal mine project) in India.
- Advised the private arm of a Singapore sports, entertainment and lifestyle public-private-partnership consortium on investigations by the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore, and acted for the same client in a related tender process to select ticketing providers, which included drafting tender documentation, technical specifications and the final contract.
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Tutor for the Preparatory Course leading to Part B of the Singapore Bar Examinations