- Ateneo de Manila University, School of Law, Juris Doctor (2008)
- Ateneo de Manila University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (2004)
- Admission to Bar (2009)
Janice is a member of Martinez Vergara & Gonzalez Sociedad's Corporate and Commercial Group, with expertise in Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, and M&A. She co-heads the Firm’s Real Estate & Construction and Corporate Services Practice Groups.
Janice has been instrumental in several important transactions of the Firm, providing invaluable support to clients. Janice has led several intensive due diligence exercises, sometimes simultaneously, in preparation for offerings and acquisitions, in all cases displaying an eye for detail and the ability to spot issues. In addition, she has participated in the documentation and negotiations processes, with the ability to establish rapport with colleagues, clients and regulators alike.
Banking & Financing
- Advised Sta. Lucia Land Inc. (PLC) on its Php7.0 billion notes facility arranged by RCBC Capital Corporation and the Php 5.0 billion and Php 3.1 billion notes facility arranged by China Bank Capital Corporation in previous years.
- Acted as counsel to DDMP REIT, INC. on its initial public offer (IPO) of common shares with total offer size of Php14.71 billion, the first IPO in 2021 and the second real estate investment trust (REIT) issuance in the Philippines since the REIT rules were amended in April of 2020.
- The first IPO in 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic, acted as counsel to MerryMart Consumer Corp., a consumer-focused retail company principally engaged in the operation of retail stores in the supermarket and household essentials categories.
- Acted as counsel to DoubleDragon Properties Corp. (PLC) and its subsidiary DDPC Worldwide Pte. Ltd. on the issuance 7.25% guaranteed notes due in 2025 in the aggregate principal amount of US$75 million, listed with the Singapore Stock Exchange.
- On-going acquisition of box and printing assets in the country owned and being operated by a multinational corporation.
- Acted as counsel to the sale of 99.725% equity interest of Ang Hortaleza Corporation in Splash Corporation, one of the leading manufacturers and distributors of personal care products with presence in the Philippines and abroad.
The Asia Pacific Legal 500
Capital Markets 2021 – Rising Star for 2 consecutive years (2020 – 2021)
Capital Markets 2021 – Recommended Lawyer
- ‘Manuel Z Gonzalez Gwyneth S Ong Janice L Co: All three of them, working as a team, are dedicated to their client’s goals, work tirelessly to ensure that the client’s objectives are achieved, and they are dutiful and have a keen eye for detail in the documentation of the agreements that are reached between the seller and buyer sides.’
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- Member, Ateneo Human Rights Center