- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (2008)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar (2009)
Jason’s work is in civil and commercial litigation and arbitration. His practice focuses mainly on commercial disputes and employment disputes. He has advised clients across many sectors including banking, communications, engineering and construction, financial services, government/public services, healthcare, hospitality and leisure, retail and consumer and technology.
In addition to dispute resolution, Jason regularly advises multi-national corporations, statutory boards and government-related entities, and other private entities on a wide range of contractual, employment and regulatory matters.
Jason has assisted in many notable matters. Here are a few:
- Acted for a leading insurance provider in successfully defending a claim from a bancassurance partner for unpaid commissions in an arbitration under the SIAC Rules.
- Acted for a developer of a massively multiplayer online game against the publisher in an arbitration under the ICC Rules that involved highly technical evidence relating to the development, infrastructure, hosting and roll-out of the game.
- Represented a global supplier of mobility systems, equipment and services in a dispute with the operator of a national rail transit system concerning variation works and claims arising from the suitability of certain radio frequency identification technology and equipment in the signaling and positioning system.
- Acted for a government-owned company in defending claims for wrongful termination by a former employee.
- Acted for a university in Singapore in defending allegations that were made by a student including claims involving a breach of the rules of natural justice.
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific
Employment 2019 – Recommended Lawyer
Sources say, Jason “understands complex situations very quickly”
- Member of the Inquiry Panel, Law Society of Singapore (2019 – 2021)
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law