- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (2008)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar (2009)
Jason is the Chief Executive Officer of DrewCorp Services Pte Ltd, a corporate services firm which provides chartered secretarial, corporate administration, immigration, document process, notary public and scrutineer services to corporate and individual clients of Drew & Napier and other businesses operating in and outside Singapore.
Jason is also a Director in the Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Drew & Napier LLC. He joined Drew & Napier in 2009, specializing in commercial disputes and employment law. He also has considerable experience advising boards of directors, independent directors and audit committees on litigation matters and reporting and disclosure requirements, and in the conduct of internal investigations into corporate governance breaches and employee misconduct cases.
Jason has assisted in many notable matters. Here are a few:
- Acted for the Independent Directors of a listed company in investigating allegations relating to corporate governance breaches and misconduct committed by members of the company’s senior management.
- Advised the board of directors of a national medical research organization in conducting investigations into complaints made by whistle-blowers against members of its senior management, and the actions that it may take following its investigations, including the termination of their employment.
- Acted for an Australian listed company in defending a claim brought by a former CFO for breaching the terms of his employment contract with the company.
- Advised an investment bank on its secrecy obligations, disclosure and reporting obligations to local and foreign supervisory and regulatory authorities in light of DoJ investigations for fraudulent trading, bribery and other corruption-related offences.
- Acted in an SIAC arbitration for a leading insurance provider in successfully defending a claim from a bancassurance partner for unpaid commissions.
- Acted in an ICC arbitration for a developer of a massively multiplayer online game against a publisher for committing multiple breaches of a master distribution agreement which involved highly technical evidence relating to the development, infrastructure, hosting and roll-out of the game.
- Acted in an UNCITRAL arbitration for a global television brand in a claim for breach of a cable television advertising agreement brought by a national Direct Broadcast Satellite Pay TV service provider where the claim was for approximately US$18 million.
- Represented the manufacturer of electronic components for telecommunications transmission products in an arbitration under the LCIA Rules and where the claim was in excess of US$60 million.
- Represented a global supplier of mobility systems, equipment and services in a dispute with the operator of a national rail transit system concerning variation works and claims arising from the suitability of certain radio frequency identification technology and equipment in the signaling and positioning system.
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific
Employment 2019 – Recommended Lawyer
Sources say, Jason “understands complex situations very quickly”
- Member of the Inquiry Panel, Law Society of Singapore (2019 – 2021)
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law