- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (2004)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar in 2005
Jon's practice covers a broad spectrum of corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, joint ventures, and restructuring.
Before joining Drew & Napier in 2015, Jon worked in leading Singapore and international law firms where he advised on a wide range of notable domestic and cross-border transactions in sectors such as technology, financial institutions, transport, energy, and infrastructure. Jon has also advised on commercial contracts and financing matters when on secondment at a major Singapore-listed real estate and hospitality company. Jon regularly assists clients on their general corporate matters such as compliance with the SGX listing rules and on employment matters.
As part of his practice, Jon works closely with investors, funds, multinational corporations and family groups on their regional transactions in South-east Asia.
Jon has been a Legal Case Studies Instructor at the NUS Law School, and he facilitates practice sessions for the Advanced Corporate Practice modules of the Singapore Bar Examinations.
- Advised IBS Software Pte Ltd (IBS Software), a leading SaaS solutions provider to the global travel and logistics industry which has operations including in India, the US and the Middle East, in a sell-side auction process and transaction which resulted in a cash exit to Blackstone and an approximately US$450 million investment by funds managed by Apax Partners. The matter valued IBS Software at over US$1 billion
- Advised an investment vehicle managed and controlled by Heliconia Capital Management Pte Ltd, as lead transaction counsel, in its US$200 million equity investment in a newly formed holding company of the Pacific International Lines group of companies by way of subscription of convertible preference shares. The Drew & Napier team coordinated legal due diligence, relevant anti-trust and foreign direct investment filings and clearances, and the drafting and negotiation of the definitive transaction documents
- Advised Sealed Air Corporation as Singapore counsel in the US$3.2 billion carve-out sale of its Diversey Care division and the food hygiene and cleaning business within its Food Care division to Bain Capital Private Equity
- Advised Singapore-listed Innovalues Limited in the S$331 million acquisition by the Northstar Group, by way of a scheme of arrangement: Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association PE Deal of the Year 2017
- Advised a fund affiliated with and advised by KKR in the S$785 million acquisition of Singapore-listed Unisteel Technology Limited, by way of a scheme of arrangement: Finance Asia Best Private Equity Buyout 2008
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
Corporate and M&A 2023 - Recommended lawyer for 4 consecutive years
‘Steven Lo and Jon Nair are a brilliant team combination for M&A. They absorb the client’s objectives and intentions and offer great advice in the best interests of clients.’
IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms
- "Calm but firm in negotiation and a problem solver."
- “Good at giving practical solutions in a timely manner.”
- “He was very detailed, quick to respond and overall did a fantastic job.”
- "Responsive and gives clear advice."
- “Astute awareness of commercial realities. Great value for money.”
asialaw Client Service Excellence 2020 Edition
Identified as one of the highest rated lawyers to work with for Corporate and M&A
Singapore Business Review
Singapore’s 20 most influential lawyers aged 40 and under in 2019 – Listed lawyer
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Co-author, The Legal 500: Private Equity Country Comparative Guide 2023 (Singapore)
- Co-author, The Legal 500: Private Equity Country Comparative Guide 2022 (Singapore)
- Co-author, The Legal 500: Private Equity Country Comparative Guide 2021 (Singapore)
- Co-author, LexisNexis: Cross-Border Joint Venture and Strategic Alliance Guide (Singapore)