- LL.B. (Hons) Singapore Management University (2013)
- Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2014)
Prema is a disputes lawyer who has advised and acted for clients at all levels of the Singapore Courts.
The disputes handled by Prema cover a wide spectrum of issues, with a strong focus on commercial and corporate disputes, shareholder disputes, breach of fiduciary duties, professional misconduct or negligence and banking disputes. She also has experience with bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings.
Prema also regularly advises and acts for clients in employment disputes and landlord-tenant disputes. She has also advised and acted for clients in contentious and non-contentious probate proceedings.
Prema represented the Singapore Management University in the 8th ICC International Commercial Mediation Competition in 2013.
She is also a co-author of INSOL International 2016 Claim Priorities in Rescue Proceedings – A Global Compendium (Singapore chapter).
Some of the matters in which Prema has acted include the following:
- AAHG, LLC v Hong Hin Kay Albert  3 SLR 636 – Successfully represented a US company in a claim for wrongful conversion of shares and unjust enrichment.
- Successfully assisted to set aside a worldwide mareva injunction obtained by the liquidator of a company against (amongst others) former directors in the Parakou Shipping Pte Ltd (in liquidation) v Liu Cheng Chan and others dispute.
- Parakou Shipping Pte Ltd (in liquidation) v Liu Cheng Chan and others  SGHC 48 – Successfully assisted to resist an application made in the midst of an ongoing trial to amend a statement of claim introducing a new cause of action.
- Premier Football International Pte Ltd v New Balance Singapore Pte Ltd  SGDC 1 – Successfully represented a Singapore company in its claim against New Balance Singapore Pte Ltd for breach of a contract in relation to the purchase and supply of Warrior/Liverpool merchandise.
- Schonk Antonius Martinus Mattheus v Enholco Pte Ltd  2 SLR 881; Enholco Pte Ltd v Schonk  SGHC 20;  SGHC 108 – Represented an ex-employee of an oil and gas consultancy company against claims brought by his former employer alleging breaches of employment duties before both the High Court and the Court of Appeal.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law