- LL.B. (Hons), The University of Nottingham (2006)
- Barrister-at-Law, Lincolns Inn (2007)
- Admitted to the Malaysian Bar (2008)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar (2015)
Allister specialises in complex corporate, commercial and insurance related disputes.
He frequently acts as lead counsel for corporations and individuals in contractual, fraud, as well as employment related disputes. In addition, Allister has extensive experience in trade credit and other insurance related disputes (financial lines).
Allister also maintains an active arbitration practice and acts in a wide range of institutional as well as ad hoc arbitrations, as well as in arbitration related applications before the Singapore courts.
In addition to being admitted to the Singapore Bar, he is also admitted to the Malaysian Bar and the English Bar.
- Acting for and advising an investment fund in 3 related SIAC arbitrations involving an Indonesian restaurant chain. The dispute is in excess of US$50 million and involves issues Singapore and Indonesian law, and the legality of various transactional documents.
Commercial and Civil Disputes
- Acting for and advising a Russian oligarch in a dispute spanning over multiple jurisdictions (i.e. Cyprus, BVI, Russia, Singapore and Belize) involving a major Russian based bank. The dispute involves a sum in excess of Euro 120 million as well as mareva injunctions in multiple jurisdictions, and the appointment of receivers and managers over assets.
- Acting for and advising an insurer an insurance claim in excess of S$50 million for business interruption losses suffered by the insured’s group of companies as a result of the restrictions imposed by the government following the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Acted for and advising an insurer in 2 SIAC arbitrations involving a major Singapore based bank. The dispute arises from claims for indemnities under trade credit insurance policies involving a sum in excess of US$60 million.
Restructuring and Insolvency
- Acted for and advised a syndication of lenders in a heavily contested scheme of arrangements, which also involved the determination of an issue involving the priority of debts between different lenders.
- Assessor for Ministry of Law Panel of Assessors for COVID-19 Temporary Relief
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)
- Member of the Civil Practice Committee of the Law Society of Singapore
- Member of the IT Committee of the Law Society of Singapore
- Member of the Management Committee of the Alzheimer’s Disease Association