- Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore (2017)
- LLB (Hons), National University of Singapore (2016)
Benjamin practices commercial and corporate dispute resolution, with a particular focus on employment-related work.
He handles a wide range of matters including employment, commercial, shareholder, breach of fiduciary duties, tort, property, intellectual property, insolvency, and insurance disputes. He also deals with data protection breaches, disciplinary proceedings, and investigations.
In the course of his work, Benjamin advises and acts for multinational corporations, financial institutions, statutory boards, educational institutions, casinos, and individuals. He represents clients in litigation, international and domestic arbitration, and mediation.
He also volunteers with the Law Society Pro Bono Services and in legal clinics.
- Acted successfully before the Court of Appeal for a medical company in its claim for breaches of fiduciary duties, conspiracy, and breaches of confidence.
- Acted before the High Court and the Court of Appeal for the objectors in a collective sale dispute.
- Defending against a wrongful dismissal claim in the High Court involving sums of more than SGD 2.3 million.
- Acted for an Indonesian entity in an oil and gas dispute concerning the engineering and supply of equipment in Bangladesh, which involved sums in excess of USD 2 million.
- Acted for a local company that was charged with workplace safety and health breaches and faced a fine of up to S$500,000, and obtained a lower sentence after mitigation.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law