- B.A. (Juris) University of Oxford (2011)
- Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2015)
Jonathan is developing a broad civil practice in commercial litigation and arbitration. He has acted for clients in disputes involving shareholders’ rights, banking and securities, commercial contracts, shipping, trusts, tort and joint ventures.
He has also assisted on matters of regulatory compliance, probate, construction, shipping, competition and immigration law.
Prior to entering private practice, Jonathan served as a Justices’ Law Clerk for the Supreme Court of Singapore as well as an Assistant Registrar hearing cases on companies, insolvency, equity, trusts and arbitration. In his capacity as an Assistant Registrar, Jonathan was also involved in the creation and launch of the Singapore International Commercial Court.
Jonathan holds a First Class law degree from the University of Oxford, where he won the Martin Wronker Prize for Administrative Law and graduated amongst the top of his course.
Some of the matters in which Jonathan has acted include the following:
- Successfully represented Sintalow Hardware Pte Ltd against OSK Engineering Pte Ltd in claiming loss of profits arising from OSK Engineering’s breach of contract for supply of products for the MBS project.
- Successfully represented client against celebrity aesthetics doctor, Dr Georgia Lee, in a minority oppression dispute in a business venture related to Dr Georgia Lee’s group of companies in the aesthetics industry.
- Represented an ultra-high net worth individual who was a director in a Singapore and Hong Kong listed company against Hong Kong entities in contract claims in excess of USD 60 million.
- Represented a securities house in anti-insider trading and compliance related investigation work.
- Represented a dentist in a high profile landmark prosecution for fraudulent claims made under the Medisave Scheme administered by the Central Provident Fund in relation to patients’ dental treatments.
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
International Arbitration 2022 – Recommended lawyer
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Contributing editor for Singapore Civil Procedure (Sweet & Maxwell, 2015)