Partner, Dispute Resolution
Competition Law & Antitrust
Arbitration & Mediation
Personal Data Protection & Privacy Laws
Regulatory Compliance & Enforcement
- LL.B ( 1st class), Multimedia University, Malaysia
- LL.M in International Commercial Law (Distinction), University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
Upon graduating with a 1st Class Honours in law in 2010, Lilien joined Shearn Delamore & Co. In 2014, she received scholarships to pursue her postgraduate studies and obtained a sabbatical from the firm to complete a full time LLM programme. She returned to Shearn Delamore & Co in 2016 upon obtaining a Distinction in Master of Laws (International Commercial Law).
Lilien was made a Senior Associate in 2016 and was promoted as a Partner in 2019.
Lilien represents clients in commercial litigation and arbitration, both domestic and international. Whilst Lilien has represented client from various industries on a wide range of disputes, she focuses on disputes in e-commerce, telecommunications & multimedia, social media, project development and gaming activities.
Lilien also has extensive experience in regulatory compliance work which fall under the purview of various authorities including the Competition Commission, the Communications and Multimedia Commission, the Malaysian Aviation Commission, the Anti-Corruption Commission and the Personal Data Protection Commissioner. Aside from advisory matters, she conducts and designs review & compliance programme for clients. Her experience on regulatory compliance work covers a full spectrum of commercial activities spanning key industries; e-commerce, energy, oil and gas, general merchandising and retail, logistics, pharmaceutical, healthcare, medical devices, telecommunications and multimedia, aviation, construction, fast moving consumer goods, direct selling, manufacturing and distribution, hospitality, insurance, banking, paint manufacturing and production, automotive and others.
In addition to contentious and advisory work, Lilien often designs training programme and offers training for clients on data protection, antitrust, anti-corruption and dawn raid.
Lilien also regularly acts as a judge in mooting competition organized by various institutions (such as AIAC, ALSA, University Malaya, Taylor’s University).
Arbitration (2019-2020 highlights)
- Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC) arbitration in Malaysia (2020) – representing a public body in a dispute with a service provider in a claim in excess of USD 100 million.
- Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC) arbitration in Malaysia (2020) – representing a public listed company in a public interest development project on claims pertaining payment for chilled water supplied by a district cooling plant where the sums involved exceed USD 50 million
- ICC arbitration in Singapore (2019) – represented a world-renowned manufacturer in a dispute involving a claim in excess of USD 250 million.
Litigation (2019-2020 highlights)
- Commercial litigation involving e-commerce marketplace operator and producers (2019-2020)
- Debt recovery matters for entities in the cruise industry (2020)
- Represented an insurer in opposing a proposed decision issued by the Malaysian Competition Commission (MYCC) (2019)
Regulatory compliance (2019-2020 highlights)
- Implemented a Personal Data Protection Compliance Programme and provided a Gap Analysis Report for a market player in the oil & gas industry (2020)
- Advised an international online game developer on matters pertaining to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (2019)
- Advised a public listed company on matters pertaining to corporate liability and director’s liability under the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009 (2020)
- Advised one of the largest producers of chemical products in the world on their business model relating to resale price maintenance and other competition law concerns (2019)
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (2020) - “Recommended Lawyer” in Antitrust and Competition
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Member, Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (MIArb)
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member, Asian Institute of Alternate Dispute Resolution (AIADR)
- Committee Member, AIAC Young Practitioners Group (YPG)
- Competition Law- Setting A Milestone To Business In Malaysia  1 LNS(A) lii
- Can A Contract Be Terminated Without Providing Reasons?  1 LNS(A) xv