We draw our expertise from specialists across DNA’s focus and practice groups including Banking & Finance, General Corporate, Tax, Intellectual Property, and Dispute Resolution.
We are committed to providing support for our clients at every stage of the criminal justice process from investigations to criminal defence in court. We also frequently advise multinational companies and state-owned entities on their regulatory obligations, and have conducted prosecutions on behalf of governments and government-related entities.
Leveraging on the legal expertise of the finest criminal lawyers in the ASEAN region, we are able to swiftly respond to assist our clients regardless of the nature of their needs.
Wendell WongDirector, Dispute Resolution / Co-Head, Investigations / Co-Head, Criminal Law Practice
Gary LowDirector, Dispute Resolution / Co-Head, Criminal Law Practice
Rahayu Ningsih HoedPartner / Energy / Real Estate / Dispute Resolution / Arbitration & litigation / Tax / Investigation & Crisis Management / Crime / Insurance
Lia AliziaManaging Partner / Intellectual Property / Employment / Banking & Finance (Litigation) / Dispute Resolution / Arbitration & Litigation / Competition Law
Rajasingam GothandapaniPartner / Head, Shipping & Maritime / Dispute Resolution / Regulatory Compliance & Enforcement / Land Acquisition & Town and Country Planning / Crime / Energy, Natural Resources & Green Technology
Singapore | Drew & Napier
Who’s Who Legal
Business Crime Defence 2019
Wendell Wong – Recommended Lawyer for 7 consecutive years
Gary Low – Recommended Lawyer for 3 consecutive years
- Wendell Wong is well regarded for his “focus on financial crime” and garners respect for his work in international investigations.
- Recognised for his "practical and smart" approach to investigations, and is commended by sources for his "ability to anticipate regulators" concerns and find effective solutions.
- “Wendell Wong is well known for his work in the criminal investigations space, covering anti-bribery and anti-fraud matters for major corporations.”
- Gary Low wins accolades for his “very in-depth knowledge of the law” with sources noting his “kind and approachable nature makes it very easy to work with him”.
Indonesia | Makarim & Taira S
- Advisory work and representation of an Indonesian company -- jointly owned by state-owned oil company and state-owned electricity company that is engaged in the geothermal industry, related to Anti-corruption Law;
- Representation of officers of an American multinational conglomerate as witnesses during the investigation of alleged corruption case at the Indonesian National Police Force offices;
- Advisory work for foreign law firms as well as foreign and multinational firms on Indonesian Anti-Corruption Law, Compliance Issues, Bribery Investigations, Gifts and Hospitality and Money Laundering Law;
- Assistance to officers of a Representative Office of an American multinational conglomerate as witness during the investigation on corruption crimes allegation committed by officers of a local urea and ammonia manufacturer company;
- Assistance to officers of a major and global semiconductor manufacturer as witness during the investigation conducted by the Indonesian Corruption Eradication Commission on major and high-profile electronic ID card (e-KTP) corruption cases;
- Advisory work and assistance to a US-based major energy, technology infrastructure and industrial multinational corporation on anti-corruption investigations by a local district attorney office over purchase of a rotor by a national fertilizer manufacturing company owned by a state-owned company;
- Advisory work and assistance to Indonesian and foreign employees and officers of many leading multinational manufacturing firms in anti-corruption investigations conducted by the offices of High Attorney, Attorney General, or the Anti-Corruption Commission concerning allegations of corruption;
- Representation of a former president director of a state owned company in the geothermal industry as a suspect in criminal proceedings for fraud allegation;
- Assistance to a high-level employee of a gold mining company in police investigations as a suspect for environmental criminal case related to dumping toxic waste into a bay in North Sulawesi; and
- Representation of employees of a global food ingredients company in police investigations for allegations of anti-corruption and anti-money laundering due to sugar importation.
Malaysia | Shearn Delamore & Co
- Assisted the Securities Commission and the Attorney General’s Chambers in a criminal prosecution for criminal breach of trust (section 409 Penal Code) and an alternate charge under section 87A of the Securities Industries Act 1983, to recover approximately RM26 million of company funds misappropriated by two former directors of the public listed company. Resulted in the successful conviction of both directors who were subsequently sentenced to 12 years with a fine of RM1 million and 6 years, respectively.
- Acted as Counsel for the Public Prosecutor in Hong Kong in taking evidence of a witness in Malaysia for the purposes of a criminal trial involving allegations of money laundering that was pending at the Hong Kong Special Administration Region, Court of First Instance pursuant to the provisions of the Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters Act 2002.
- Representing a foreign state owned company in ongoing investigation by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commissions (MACC) to seize and forfeit a sum in excess of RM1 billion pursuant to provision of the Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Act 2001 (AMLATFPUAA 2001).
- Defending a renowned and leading media branding and advertising agency in a forfeiture proceedings brought by MACC and the Public Prosecutor pursuant to the provisions under AMLATFPUAA 2001.
- Defending directors of a public listed company facing charges under section 188 of the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007 for insider trading.
- Successfully defending a public listed company and its officers from criminal charges brought by the Public Prosecutor under the Anti-Trafficking in Persons and Anti-Smuggling of Migrants Act 2007.
White Collar Crime 2020 - Highly Recommended Firm